• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second Fill

bexmoss86

I had my second fill this morning.

First fill I had 6.4mls in and had brilliant restriction for the first few days then this feeling seemed to dissipate.

The radiographer man (think thats what they are called) drew out what was currently in the band as 4.4mls. That means I had lost just about 2mls in the course of a few weeks.

I now have 6.7ml in a 9ml band and have really good restriction :) (lets see how long this lasts!)

I was wondering, has anyone else experienced the loss of fluid from the band and what would cause this to happen. (My band isnt faulty because he checked under xray)

hi, glad you are getting restriction. Remember that when they withdraw it take a few attempts to get everything out. Also, there is always about .5-1ml in the tube that you wont get out. So you will probably find that you have only lost about .5 in the last couple of weeks. I am sure if it was 2ml they would be concerned as you don't want to have to keep having fill to make up a 2ml loss every couple of weeks.

Thats what I was thinking...eep :S

He did say it was very common to lose some fluid but he didnt specify how much. I will have to ask next time I see someone about it.

Its great to finally be getting some proper restriction :D

Hi Bex, where did you have your fill?? I had mine at the Hallamshire with a fella called stuart (oldish) and for my 1st fill he put 5ml in my band. when I went for my 2nd fill he only got 3.5ml out. For my second fill he put in 7.5ml and omg its tight. Glad you are feeling the restriction though.xx

I had it at the Thornbury...with an oldish guy too, i didnt catch his name but i *think* he was Irish (im soooo bad with accents lol)
My band has got tighter as the day has progressed. Im secretly loving the tightness though :S
Hope you are alright :)

Last edited:
Glad it went well. I found the new level of restriction a bit disconcerting to begin with. Suddenly reduced again what I could eat after getting into a certain pattern before hand. That's what it's supposed to do though :)

Exactly :) thats what I asked for!
Im hoping the weight will come off more easily now I cant eat as much.
Heres hoping :)

Back