• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

second fill x ray one tomorrow!

buglady

hi everyone just wanted to let you know i had a phone call today to ask if i could come in tomorrow to my local hospital for a xray fill tomorrow at 5pm i could hardly contain myself yeehaaaa!! i have done ok since my op lost a couple of pounds nothing to write home about ! had my first fill a couple of weeks ago so i hoping this may be a good one and im relying on will power at the moment ! my surgeon said this is a really accurate one however it still may take a couple of normal fills to get the right restriction. i was just wondering how people got on after their xray barium drink fill was it a good one im hoping it is im sick of people looking at me thinking shes not doing very well i think they are expecting me to drop 6 stone immediatly!! urrrggghhhh!! any way i would appriecate what you banders were like after this fill thanks!!!

my first fill was under xray. As it was my first it didn't give me much restriction. After my second I have noticed slight restriction. Especially in the morning. But my portions are still bigger than I would like. I think it will take a few for me before I get there. Like you I am relying on willpower.

I had 2 mls in my band from day one and had another 2.5 mls put in last Thursday, so 4.5 mls in a 10ml band.

I had to stay on liquids until today but so far have only managed less than half a boil in the bag fish in sauce well mashed up, and I felt every little bit go down even after chewing to a pulp.
I couldn't eat weetabix drowned in milk...it just wouldn't go down, but I'm going to try a little egg mayo mashed up soon...at least I'm managing more water today and have had approx 1 ltr plus 2 cups of tea and one skimmed milk coffee.

I can feel a huge difference in my restriction and at the moment can't imagine eating solid food any time soon :(

hope it goes well for you tomorrow xx

iv never had an xray fill so cant answer iv had a barriam for something else and all i remember is having white poo that wouldnt flush hehehehe good luck x

I had my 1st fill by x-ray and only felt slight difference for a couple of days then I was back to normal and relying on will power. I'm having my 2nd fill by x-ray on wednesday and I'm really looking forward to having some more restriction.Good luck with your fill xxx

hi everyone just a quickie as im off out but just got back from the hospital following my xray fill and just to let you know it went fine! when the surgeon tried to pull out the 4and a half mils that was in there there was none in there!!! so theres me thinking i have saline in there because after the first fill the surgeon said he put 4and a half mls in there there was none!! so he put in 7mls which im pleased about! the whole xray filming was fascinating and would reccommend it to all you banders lol im just going to wait for the white poo and to be constipated now so lots of water for me!! see you soon!!x

Does this happen to everyone? The saline not being there? I'm proper worried now. Does this mean that you basically have to have the band filled at some point forever? Im confused :confused: xxx

i know the band naturally asperates 1/2 to a mil of fluid naturally over time but all of it ? sounds like they have either lied about fill being there in the 1st place or theres a leak, no fill being there is the most likley explanation. 7 mls should give a good restriction if you are starting from scratch on a fill basis xxx

I too was wondering Liz if they had told her wrong. I know I had 5ml in mine at the 1st fill and now have no restriction whatsoever. I'm worried now incase mine has leaked or I've pushed the band to the limit and sqeezed it all out. Do you think this could happen Liz??

hi when i went to have my first fill he had alot of trouble locating the port found it eventually, told me he put in 4.5ml which he had no need to lie (ibelieve him!) said this was a small one to get me on my way .Then had the xray one today 12 days since my first one im guessing he misjudged the port and put 4.5ml of saline in me thats all i can think of!! anyway im really pleased with my 7ml fill in my 14 ml band and hopefully the first lot of saline was a glitch i did notice that the neeedle hole on my first fill was on my scar and the one today was about 4cm from the first fill needle hole so maybe he got it wrong?? however taking away from that fact im happy at the mo with my fill alls well that ends well im just pleased i have will power after all!!

Well done on having the willpower BL. I've just put a thread out asking about the saline loss's. My needle hole was'nt near my scar when I had my 1st fill by x-ray so I wonder if whoever did your 1st fill did it wrong. I'm glad you're happy with this one and good luck with dropping the weight again.xxx

occasionally the port hole can be missed with the needle when doing a fill and this results in a empty band, it can happen x

Back