• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Progressive burping

Sarah101

Hi guys

A quick bit of advice. I just had my pre op dietician appointment and she sent me a useful gastric band you tube video to watch... Great so far.

I looked at the video but there was a list of suggested videos underneath and one was don't get a Gastrix band and the reasons why not... I watched it.:(

She talked about progressive burping... Which is essentially some slimed mucus that comes back up and has to be vomited. She had it every day when eating and after 13 months had the band taken out.

Have any of you his experienced this much and do you have any tips for avoiding it?

Thanks
Xx

PB'ing (productive burping) is usually a result of eating to quickly or too much. When your restriction is good its even more important to eat slowly, chew, chew, chew and take small bites.

Yes I've had it, no its not pleasent but having it every day is something that 'should' be fairly easy to avoid xx

Thanks Mazza - sounds awful bit even more of a reason to chew and eat slowly ;-)

I have had it when I haven't stuck to the rules, and certain foods are problematic. If you have it every day likely doing something wrong, I always know why it's happened, usually eating too fast

I had bile at every meal I ate, hence they took out the band, then I had the gastric bypass and it happened again. They done a barium meal and found the opening to my stomach was too small so had it stretched last week. I can eat really well now, but surgeon says for how long!! Being closely watched it. It might have to be stretched again. Hope this helped. X

I had bile at every meal I ate, hence they took out the band, then I had the gastric bypass and it happened again. They done a barium meal and found the opening to my stomach was too small so had it stretched last week. I can eat really well now, but surgeon says for how long!! Being closely watched it. It might have to be stretched again. Hope this helped. X

Hopefully it stays better for you sweet?

Back