• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

De-fill done :)

Neen

WLS Moderator
I am off to hospital on Friday morning to get a de-fill at last.
Weirdly, my 9ml band has had 8 3/4 in it and my last fill must be about a year or so ago. I was actually talked out of having a tiny bit more in on my last appointment as I still felt I could eat too much on occasion. At the time my surgeon told me he would rather not put any more in due to the risks of band erosion. Plus , as far as they are concerned I am losing fast enough. (humpf not in my opinion !)
Anyway, at the beginning of March this year I suddenly found I could hardly eat or drink, I struggled on with that for a week then phoned the hospital. The nurse told me to try just thin liquids for a couple days to allow it to calm down (I was sick daily several times but no proper pain)
So I did that and it was a little better, I could drink freely (ish) and eat soup and mushies....but only every other day it seemed.
Well I finally cracked and booked a defill !
I am so miserable and I have no energy.. I am looking forward to solids and not inspecting the toilet bowl every five minutes!
I was putting it off for various reasons, mainly because I have to see the person who didn't give my enough in early fills and I am still bitter about no restriction for a whole year. I am scared too much will be taken out...or that when she takes it all out to see whether the band has taken in fluids from my body (yes it can do that and make itself tighter apparently) that she will not give me back my 8 and a bit mils that was really working well for me.
It's been such a long process getting restriction and I still have so much weight to lose. I don't trust myself enough to compensate for a low fill level.
Anyway moan over! I will have to cross fingers for Friday

I am desparate to eat a roast potato.....just one lol

Last edited:
Good luck hun, hope all goes as you want.

Thankyou Ladylite! I'm sure I'm getting into a state for nothing. The last time I had this person do a fill it unfortunately was a bit of a nightmare. She couldn't access the port and I was very bruised and battered after...It took ages and lots of retries and eventually she had to get the surgeon to come and do it. I know it was not the norm for her and she's a lovely person etc but I am dreading another saga. I think I just asked her to stop and forget it so I could get out of there and go home (fill or not) lol

Good luck Neen

Stay strong and insist on the outcome YOU want. Tell her about your wilderness year and how that affected you. Hopefully they will take it all out and realise you had absorbed some so you get the 8 3/4 back.

Will be thinking of you x

Good luck Neen, I really hope you have a better experience this time. Will be thinking of you,

Cuppa xxx

Just wanted to update this and say that I had 1/2 mil taken out this morning! All went great and I have lost 2 and a half stone since I was last in for an appointment.
I have eaten my tea OK and no sticking though I still feel like I have really good restriction.
I am feeling really pleased with how it all went and not going to worry about how fast I am losing weight any more...got told off for comparing myself to others :)
As long as it goes and stays off , I am happy looking plump for a wee bit longer x
Thanks to everyone who gave me a boost on here before the appointment! I was really nervous so thanks for allowing me to moan and for the super support!
Cheers x

yay glad all went well today x

Great news they only took a little out and that you still have good restriction, and well done on the weight loss, I know its hard as we all do it but its best not to compare yourself to anyone else as we are all different (height, weight build etc and have different metabolisms as well) keep up the good work x

So pleased it went well x now go and enjoy some of those veggies you were missing so much :D

Thanks very much Cindy and Mazza! I am feeling really happy at the moment..amazing what a decent meal can do eh?
I am starting more crunchy dry foods on Monday and also getting my butt back on the treadmill. Hoping to get down under the next stone by next week...I am trying not to get too impatient but it would be a nice boost after the last month and a half to lose a wodge this week.
Thanks a lot ladies x

glad this went well neen, you enjoy your broccoli now won't you! ;)

Back