• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pros and Cons 4 months out..5st 4lb down

mandym1

For me the pros are..

More energy
Shopping for clothes.. I now own jeans, a dress, high heals and a sports bra!! shocker!
Better sex life
Enjoy exercise.. got my first sessions with a personal trainer tonight!! another shocker!
Plane seats now fit no need for an extension.
Share some clothes with my sister not all yet but some :D
Skin is clear of spots, rashes etc.. I'm told I look 10years younger.
Compliments.. still cant get used to them but I'm getting plenty so should get the hang of it soon LOL!!

Cons

Cold... never felt so cold.
Meals out.. whilst ok and able to enjoy it I sometimes miss joining in. Not enough to want to change things its only a minor minus point.
Funding my new social life and wardrobe but again not really a minus point.
Errrrmmm scraping the barrel now cant think of any more cons.

Have I ever regretted this? Not once!! Since I opened my eyes on the operating table I knew this was going to be great and its all gone so well I feel like the luckiest girl in the world x

My op was just 2 days after yours and I feel exactly the same way!!! Its great isnt it?????:woohoo:

Just what i wanted to hear because sometimes i have little worries about what is it going to be like xx Thanks

I'm still waiting for my op date (Jan / Feb sometime) I love reading posts like this. The more I read the more confident I become in my decision. I can't wait to feel all the things you are feeling..

I'm still waiting for my op date (Jan / Feb sometime) I love reading posts like this. The more I read the more confident I become in my decision. I can't wait to feel all the things you are feeling..

The time will go by so quickly!! You will be on the losers bench before you know it!!! xxx

Just what i wanted to hear because sometimes i have little worries about what is it going to be like xx Thanks

Its not all sweetness and light, but the weight loss and benefits it brings are soooooo worth it!!!

Good luck on your journey xxx

Sounds good :D

Well Done Mandy, am 4 weeks on monday and feel fab apart for this weeks sick bug, we will look great hun xxx

lovely post Mandy. I was dreading reading the cons but, hey, what a small price to pay ;) xx

Its not all sweetness and light, but the weight loss and benefits it brings are soooooo worth it!!!

Good luck on your journey xxx

Well said, I dont want to mislead anyone Ive had tough times but no more than I expected as I had done my research. But regrets no no no and no x

Its good to here the good side outweighs the bad bits :)

That was a lovely, balanced post to read. Thanks Mandy :)

My personal training session went well but OMG the most gorgeous young man was my trainer and I though ok world please swallow me up now!! But he was lovely very supportive and encouraging saying how well I had done although I was honest about my surgery at the outset... I am still woefully unfit so God only knows what I was like before this operation.. I have passed on the next session because I have learned a bit from him and will work on this and take things at my own pace.. every step is a bonus I'm not in a race...as long as I get there x

Well done :) Sounds like you have a great mindset x

Thanks for your list Mandy!

It's great to know you have lost so much weight and felt so many benefits just 4 months post op !!

I have challenges in my life right now that are nothing to do with my op & I have no regrets I am so glad that despite last weeks slip I have had the awareness while dealing with a lot of travelling that without my op I would be overrating for England because of the stresses & old coping habits & with it if I abuse it with the wrong foods I will suffer the consequences which has helped me be strong. Last weekend no travelling, same stresses meant i relaxed enough to give in & whilst i dumped a bit it was no where near as much as i would have expected for the amount I ate, so now have a list of real danger foods to avoid that are wrong but dont make me dump as well as those that make me dump.
So definately no regrets. The only con is whilst I'm not getting the IBS problems this amount of stress would have triggered pre-op the stress makes eating more difficult as my poor pouch deals with its own less painful version of the IBS making me feel uncomfortable eating at times even slider foods like soup or other soft foods which I revert to to prevent it objecting to proper solids that may be a challenge normally depending on its mood.

mandym1 said:
For me the pros are..

More energy
Shopping for clothes.. I now own jeans, a dress, high heals and a sports bra!! shocker!
Better sex life
Enjoy exercise.. got my first sessions with a personal trainer tonight!! another shocker!
Plane seats now fit no need for an extension.
Share some clothes with my sister not all yet but some :D
Skin is clear of spots, rashes etc.. I'm told I look 10years younger.
Compliments.. still cant get used to them but I'm getting plenty so should get the hang of it soon LOL!!

Cons

Cold... never felt so cold.
Meals out.. whilst ok and able to enjoy it I sometimes miss joining in. Not enough to want to change things its only a minor minus point.
Funding my new social life and wardrobe but again not really a minus point.
Errrrmmm scraping the barrel now cant think of any more cons.

Have I ever regretted this? Not once!! Since I opened my eyes on the operating table I knew this was going to be great and its all gone so well I feel like the luckiest girl in the world x

Glad it's working out for you since day one I'm now start of week three and not eaten and struggling what I done

Great post Mandy, I am still 50/50 about my bypass and I am 9 weeks post op today. I have not had any complications but my head is taking a long time to catch up with what's going on and when I tell you I was four years researching WLS I am being honest.

I too have already seen the impact just losing 4 stone has had on my body already but I am still questioning the reasons I allowed myself to get so heavy, plus I am worried about the future and how WLS surgery will impact me as I head into middle age.

I do not regret having the operation but I don't feel euphoric about it either, I am hoping that one day I will feel different.

Wendy x

Back