• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pros and Cons 4 months out..5st 4lb down

To honeykiss

I am glad to find someone who is in the same boat as me or sort of. I am only 2 weeks post op and I am having so many depressing and worrying thoughts about what I have done and should I have. I was all for the op no hesitation but now I had it done I'm really questioning my decision. How long was it before you were able to eat even sloppy foods as I have not eaten anything yet can't face it.

Ben

Great post Mandy, I am still 50/50 about my bypass and I am 9 weeks post op today. I have not had any complications but my head is taking a long time to catch up with what's going on and when I tell you I was four years researching WLS I am being honest.

I too have already seen the impact just losing 4 stone has had on my body already but I am still questioning the reasons I allowed myself to get so heavy, plus I am worried about the future and how WLS surgery will impact me as I head into middle age.

I do not regret having the operation but I don't feel euphoric about it either, I am hoping that one day I will feel different.

Wendy x
Thanks for being honest Wendy, any one of us could feel like that, we just hope that we dont. Hope you feel more positive as time goes by honey :) xxx

To honeykiss

I am glad to find someone who is in the same boat as me or sort of. I am only 2 weeks post op and I am having so many depressing and worrying thoughts about what I have done and should I have. I was all for the op no hesitation but now I had it done I'm really questioning my decision. How long was it before you were able to eat even sloppy foods as I have not eaten anything yet can't face it.

Ben

Hi Ben,
I had guidelines to follow so I did stick to them, 4 weeks liquids then 4 weeks of softs/sloppies or as the nurse described it anything that could be crushed with a fork.
Finally at 8 weeks post op I moved onto a bigger variety of foods but still do tend to stick to softs as they are easier to get down.

I am positive about the bypass but I am worried about the future especially malabsorption issues. IN a way I think I perhaps should have had the sleeve operation but did not want part of my stomach removed.

As time goes by it does get a lot easier, I deffinatley have more energy but I so concision of the need to eat properly and take the prescribed vitamins and supplements. I feel passionate about this and get infuriated when I read posts where either the patient is not taking what they should or the medical team have not given the patient the right information about the supplements to take.

I also feel I have been lucky in that I seem to be tolerating most foods very well and so far have had no complications.

I also know as you do see the weight drop off it does all seem worth it.

Wendy

Back