• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shakes / shots

claire-anna

Hi guys.... Can anybody please recommend tasty shakes or shots (if any) and where to buy them from? Xx

I'd love to know this too - as all the one's I have tried, taste like S*** ! They are so sweet and sticky - I've been to a few Health food shops and all the high protein stuff seems to be high calorie also (I am not yet a Gym bunny able to burn this off) - which has left me just with my skimmed milk and teaspoon of Nesquik!

Sorry can't help. To me they all taste so vile. I've wasted so much money on them.

I make my own smoothies. A mixed fruit pot from the fresh aisle, half a banana and a pot of actimel works well for me

Oh one of those mixed melon fruit medley things, zuzzed up with my blender. I haven't worked much out tbh they just make me happy nd hyper in a morning where as slim fast made me moody

I use a quarter cup of fage 0% Greek yoghurt, a quarter cup of milk, a quarter cup of fruit (fresh or frozen or drained tinned in juice), a scoop of whey protein powder all blitzed up with a hand blender. This way you can mix the flavours you want without extra sugar or powdery texture of some of the commercial shakes and you know exactly what's in it & much easier to calculate the calories & protein values. For extra flavour use a flavoured yoghurt instead of milk or half & half with the fruit & Greek yoghurt. I use one of those protein shake bottles with the little ball inside that ensures it stays well mixed with a little shake & easy to carry with you while at work or out & about.

Back