• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein shakes....ugh!

kim6578

Hi there! I'm very new to all this but I am awaiting my surgery date and I have been instructed to start my shakes to reduce my liver size. I bought bariatric fusion brand and they are horrible! I can't get them down and they make me sick! Is there anybody out there going through the same thing? Dies anyone know of a different brand that is good or that is at least tolerable? I'm suppose to be drinking these until my surgery date! Please help!

Hi Kim, I can't be much help to you but I understand your pain...I cannot stomach any kind of flavoured shakes etc. Luckily I was not on that kind of liver reduction, I was on the low fat, low carb one. I'm sure someone will answer your call for help soon x

Hi, I used the ones from myprotein.com but just bought sanatagen protien powder and mix it with milk and flavdrops. x

I used slimfast - they were nice - quite sweet but very filling. i lost 13lbs in 14 days with them.

I can't stand milk based /flavoured drinks. I use Nectar and get it from Amazon.
Strawberry and Kiwi is the one i like and i add nas squash to add to the flavour. Now i try and sip them all day!

I used dymatize whey protein shakes post op to keep my protein levels up. Nice flavours. DO NOT go to Holland and Barrett for the soy protein powder, yukk and it's like concrete when mixed grrr

And for the person who said they lost 13lb in 14 days a big fat GRRRRRR. They aren't doing it for weight loss they are doing it for liver shrinking.

Lord it makes me grrr when people go on about weight loss on their pre ops...

BTW well done on the loss :) xx

Back