• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein supplements, is this any good?

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
anyone????

anyone????

Sorry couldn't load the page so i've not been able to look at this.

I've been told though, by friends that use protein daily, that the more you spend the better the quality of the product, now just from a purely logical point of view i'd have thought it was not really possible to have a 100% protein product as that would mean there was nothing else in it ?

Whey protein concentrate (instantised) mixes easilyUnflavoured flavourings coming soon
Key benefits-
  • Most popular protein
  • great value
  • high in protein
  • tastes great
  • instant mixing
  • no fillers ,colours added
  • high in amino acids and bcaa,s
Our aim is to provide you with the best sports nutrition products at great prices,were not one of those larger faceless companies who sell over priced over hyped rubbish,we source all of our proteins from the best uk suppliers so you know your getting the best!!.
All our 908g 1kg proteins come supplied in resealable foil pouches
Unflavoured is great you can add it to your food to increase its protein content,try-
add flavoured milk to taste
add to porridge
add strawberries,bannanas,oats,flavoured ice cream and blend
What ever sport your into whether its bodybuilding, power lifting, martial arts we all know the benefits of supplementing your diet with protein it is recommended that for every pound of body weight we should consume 1.5g of protein,so an 80kg male should be consuming 264grams of protein to build muscle mass.
Whey concentrate is our most popular protein supplement which is great tasting,if your unsure which protein is right for you buy whey concentrate.Our whey protein is a rich source of concentrated protein derived from vegetarian sweet cheese from european dairies(the same as all top quality proteins),all our whey protein can be traced back to source.
Having the highest biological value(bv) of any known protein whey protein contains high levels of essential/non-essential amino acids(muscle building blocks).
Our whey protein provides more than 80g of protein per 100g(dry basis) is low in fat/lactose and rich in calcium.

Ingredients-whey protein concentrate, soy lecithin0.5%(instantizing agent a very small amount)
Nutritional information per 30g- protein 23.1g
carbs 1.35g
sugars 1.35g
fat 1.35g
suggested use- mix 30g with 150-250ml of water or milk use either a blender or shaker,we recommend consuming 2-4 times daily .
Amino acid profiles g per 100g -lysine9.4,threonine6.7,trytophan1.4,methionine2.2,cystine2.5,phenylalanine3.6,tyrosine3.5,alanine5.2,arginine3,aspartic acid11.2,glutamatic acid17.2,glycine1.4,histidine1.7,proline5.2,serine5

thats the details from the page

Hun, I took a look and even though the stats look good the product looks 'suspect', I would be worried that I was being ripped off. In this case, cheaper is not better and without the 'security' of a branded product who knows what is actually in it!

I would not buy it and would caution others to think twice, but that is just my opinion.

HTH,
Nic:p

yeah i know what u mean. Thanks for taking a look. I would prefer something i could mix into my food rather than horrible shakes or drinks. Ill keep looking x

dear fed up holland and barret do a plain soya protein there own brand at a good price ,found it when doing research as im pre-op hope this helps;)

I did a websearch on the company

Cheap Quality Protein Supplements

They are a ligitimate company, though if you take a look at the site they dont sell this protein as cheap as this on ebay, so makes me wonder !

As i said, i'm no expert but as my old Gran used to say, "if it smells like sh**e it probably is"

lol SS

Holland & Barrett do a body fortress when protein, natural one, on offer at 14.99, but i cant see any details on whats in it, does anyone know if thats any good?

holland an barret have a book with all details in an will photocopy for you if you ask them my branch really helpful when i told them what is was for go:)od luck

thanks debbie!

Back