• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein

Doodoo

Can I get any advice on the best way to get the most protein. Am using Slimfast at the moment, but would like to know what others have used.....please help! I had my gastric bypass just three days ago.

Add skimmed milk powder to everything. That's another way of increasing your protein :)

You could also try protein shakes/shots/water that you can buy off the Internet. I'd just concentrate on keeping your fluids up though at the moment

Paula is right, add dried milk to everything, yogurts, coffee, anything! But dont worry to much at the moment, just concentrate on getting liquids in, you will build it up :) good luck x

I use protein water. I couldn't get on with protein powder as it was too milky, but the protein water tastes like NAS but quite sweet. I buy 500ml bottles that contain 40grams of protein isolate. Here is the link to the site I buy mine from.. Buy Reflex Nutrition Whey Refresh Rtd 500ml Bottle(s) For £2.50 - Discount Supplements ™
They were 1.89 but since 1st Oct they are subject to VAT they have gone up to £2.50. But agree also with the others, that for now you just need to concentrate on getting your fluids in. I didn't start buying these until I was 3 or 4 weeks out of surgery.. xx

Oh Wow! Thanks to all of you for the advice. Amanda, I like the sound of the protein water, going to buy it now.
Love that I found this "place" to talk, don't feel so alone now.
Thanks again. xxxx

Beef Jerky is high in protein but also slightly high in sodium, so apparently it's okay to chew a few pieces now and again.

Hi

One of the best protein shakes I have tried is the low calorie version sold by TESCO, its quite expensive as all protein shakes are but it is ver nice.

Paul

It's great that you can tolerate Slimfast but it is high in sugar, so you might want to try the high protein, low carb options suggested by others here x

Well have to be honest I have never had anyhting like that, from the very start just made sure I had milk, yoghurt, lf mousse, meat or fish pureed,lf n ls custard. eggs eventually, cheese I didn't find it too much of a struggle. I find that as much as I fancy fish it is very dry and always feel as if its sticking as I try to digest it, hardly ever have tuna now, emjoy meat, love chicken n ham have milk every day, eggs and yoghurts frequently amd cheese when I feel like it. Just try n plan your meals so that you incorporate in lots of protein, you will be surprised at how easy it can be, its the fat and carbs you have to realy watch they can creep in your diet unaware. xx

Back