• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Best Protein Shake in the UK

nikshikari

Hello folks..... I am due to go in for surgery and i am wanting to know the best way to get that important protein in my system in the first couple of months.

Are slimfast shakes any good for that? I have looked at the nutritional values and it seems to have enough protein in.... But what about Whey protein shakes? Are they okay? Any advice is appreciated....

Also what is the best milk flavouring? I do not like skimmed milk AT ALL! So i will be needing to add something to it so i can get my RDA.

Thanks in Advance :)

Hi I had the Strawberry Build Up it was alright it gave you a taste away from milk but I found that to be fine. Hope all goes well hun x

Thank you. Cant wait to get the show on the road :)

No Added Sugar Strawberry Crusha is nice if you just want something to add to your milk :)

H xx

i didnt like any of those shakes so had skimmed milk with marvel milk powder added and nas crusha milkshake mix x

I like crusha.... defooo going to be adding milk powder to my drink to get the right amount in. Thanks ladies

nikshikari said:
Hello folks..... I am due to go in for surgery and i am wanting to know the best way to get that important protein in my system in the first couple of months.

Are slimfast shakes any good for that? I have looked at the nutritional values and it seems to have enough protein in.... But what about Whey protein shakes? Are they okay? Any advice is appreciated....

Also what is the best milk flavouring? I do not like skimmed milk AT ALL! So i will be needing to add something to it so i can get my RDA.

Thanks in Advance :)

Hi nikshikari, try www.myprotein.co.uk, they do individual taster sachets with all different flavours, they are quite nice and they do whey protein too, give them a try!.I also had complan, the chocolate flavour is not bad...I tried slim fast and I hated the taste but I think it might taste better if its really cold! it's personal preference I guess x

I have a whey protein milk drink everyday. Got a kilo bag from the website mentioned above. They do different flavours and i believe they are 20g of protein every serving, and if made with milk even more. It cost me £16 and makes 40 drinks..
Kim x

What is the benefit of having the whey and protein rather than just the protein?? I have ordered a few to taste but not sure which is best...and there is only one way to find out...Fiiiighhhhhhtttt (H Hill 2010)

Hi
Whey protein is the ultimate source of protein, its a rich source of amino acids. Its a by product of cows milk and no foods contain actual whey protein. Its great for muscle building, strength and recovery and works as an antoxidant to boost the bodys immune system. I take it because im struggling to get enough protein in as im not on normal food yet. I will probably carry on taking it when i start the gym.
Kim

Thank you. Thats probably what I will doing as I know I will struggle getting my protein in the first few months.

OOnion said:
What is the benefit of having the whey and protein rather than just the protein?? I have ordered a few to taste but not sure which is best...and there is only one way to find out...Fiiiighhhhhhtttt (H Hill 2010)

Got to love Harry Hill RV Burps lol

Just one more thing about the whey protein, i bought unflavoured and add sugar free crusha because flavoured can be a bit sickly tasting
Kim

A question - I was shocked to find that NAS crush was nearly 100 calories for a portion (83 cals for 25ml). It seems a lot of calories to be expending on a flavouring - am I reading it wrong?

I was given fortimel regular for my protein drinks from the hosp and told to get a perscrition from my dr for another months worth.The strawberry is nice. In fact if anyone would like some fortimel I was given 2 months worth lol

Hi
Whey protein is the ultimate source of protein, its a rich source of amino acids. Its a by product of cows milk and no foods contain actual whey protein. Its great for muscle building, strength and recovery and works as an antoxidant to boost the bodys immune system. I take it because im struggling to get enough protein in as im not on normal food yet. I will probably carry on taking it when i start the gym.
Kim

Thank you my little sausage fingers that is very helpful. Whey protein it is then! x

Back