• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Psych info...

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
i've just come bk from 2 weeks in cuba and i have an appt to see the psych on 12th june (argh!) at St Richards in Chichester...can anyone tell me what to expect and is there the potential that i wont get the surgery based on this appt as from wot i can see so far i am having it....can anyone help who has had psych appt? Thanks Laura xx

Hi basically what happens they assess for example if you have a eating disorder i,e like compulsive eating etc., and in the event you have they will arrange for you to have some therapy to deal with that first just in case you will still eat compulsively after the operation... so dont worry it wont be a no indefinitely ...and if you say just eat large meals then that will not stand in your way... good luck !!

It has never been mentioned at my hospital.

i saw psych at st richards she was lovely i had no probs,now just waiting for date good luck debbie x

Thanks so much everyone, thats given me peace of mind. Glad the psych there is a woman, easier to relate to I think sometimes! Thanks again, will let you know how I got on xxx Laura xxx

My psych apt reffered me to a CBT course.

Brilliant, well worth doing. I feel the help it has given me will stand me in good stead post op, it has certainly helped me keep me on this fiendish pre op diet.

Don't worry about, it it's all good

My psych apt reffered me to a CBT course.

Brilliant, well worth doing. I feel the help it has given me will stand me in good stead post op, it has certainly helped me keep me on this fiendish pre op diet.

Don't worry about, it it's all good

Hey just noticed your surgery date is in 3 days, good luck!!! Let us know how it goes! :) Thanks for the positive words, its keeping me going through this journey into the unknown. xx

Back