• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

very confused about waiting lists !!!

At St Richards they try to do op within 18 weeks once you are on active surgery list - that is once you have seen everyone you need to see (psych, dietician etc), all the reports are done and the final recommendations have been made. However, with demand far outstripping supply the reality of achieving this is not likely - the wait is agonising, but the care and expertise are worth waiting for. I don't think they will re-open their doors to new patients until they have caught up with themselves...

Just a shame that some of the admin staff could be a little more approachable on the phone...

I am sure they will see you soon...

If that was the case....18 weeks from my last appointment with psychologist brings me into Christmas week!!!! But then I recall last year that the surgeons don't operate in December so that means January 2010!!! I was referred in July 2008 so that is a heck of a timescale!!

If that was the case....18 weeks from my last appointment with psychologist brings me into Christmas week!!!! But then I recall last year that the surgeons don't operate in December so that means January 2010!!! I was referred in July 2008 so that is a heck of a timescale!!
why dont they operate in december? lol karen

From what everyone has been saying on here, I think that you have to have all 3 appointments : consultation with your surgeon, see the dietician and then see the pysch. (who I must admit are all really really lovely) I was told back at the beginning of July that Mr Somers had got all the info back from everyone he needed and I was then placed on 'the list' so, that was about 1-2 weeks after my last appointment. At that point you need to count down from (add 18 weeks plus about 2 for the 'admin' and then you are there).

I suppose we all have to consider ourselves very lucky to be 'in the system' because some people are having to wait a couple of years just to get an initial appointment or they are being told no because the lists are closed.

why dont they operate in december? lol karen

Hi Karen- I remember LAST December it being mentioned that the surgeons don't do any operations during that month. Yes - another December is fast approaching and I am STILL waiting!! I feel like a broken record but I feel so frustrated!!!:cry:

I would understand about no operations just prior to Christmas etc as cover would be scarcer, but I wonder why not earlier in the month?

Back