• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PUB/LUNCH OUT QUESTION ;)

clare-revised

Eyes on the prize
....more guidance needed...
Wat do you guys drink down the pub???
I'm off out Sat for 'lunch/coffee' with couple girlfriends from work who don't know what my surgery was for (advised abdominal/gall bladder related).
I've told them I'm really off food & drink post surgery blaming it on anaesthetic & gall.bladder....but I still want to go out.
Pubs don't serve NAS anything, I'm off coffee & worry that other milky drinks may make me dump....

Just wondered how you guys muddle through it all liquid/soft stage & just in General really for the future :flirt2:

Thx, as ever :)

For drinks I have an apple juice, I ask for it in a tall glass and for the glass to be filled with ice (it soon melts and dilutes the apple juice)

Lime, Angostura bitters and slimline tonic water(swizzle it to lose the bubbles) or plain water. Tastes grown up, looks like alcohol. I used to drink this when I worked in a pub so that it looked as though I was having an alcoholic drink without falling over!

J20 is petty good - dilute with lots of ice or some water x

I was out for a pub lunch on Tuesday - what a waste of money lol. I went for the pea and smoked bacon soup, it was bloody lush but it barely looked like I had touched it. The bread roll was taken home for the kids! I just had water to drink.
My chums didn't know the nature of my surgery but I told them that I still wasn't right and I'd been off my food.

Out for lunch again tomorrow with a different set of pals........oh ma heed!

Sometimes its just best to come clean then friends don't expect nothing from ya and take you into consideration when they plan these events. Friends support ya real ones that is you will soon find out whos who. Why don't you do it tomorrow then they will understand and may be able to suggest something else. x

I'm a coffee drinker and not afraid to ask for that in a pub! If thirsty I'll have water with lemon. As for food.... Well what a total waste. I'm doing the pub thing tonight. Will see what starters are available. Poss go with prawns or smoked salmon or soup or a few olives (posh pub!!)

We had free breakfast vouchers last weekend, out came 2 sausages 2 bacon 2 eggs mushrooms beans tomatoes toast, Fella helped me I ate the mushrooms 1 eggs yolk and 1/2 of the bacon medallion, even so there was still lots left on my plate :D

I've not even had my surgery yet and I'm laying down the grown work in advance. The only person that knows about my surgery is my partner, no other family of friends. So for my pre op diet I've told people I'm doing a specially devised carb fee diet that my GP has put together to 'shrink' my stomach and then will go on a Cambridge type of liquid diet so that I can learn to manage portions and again, to 'shrink' my stomach. It's not been questioned thus far but I do feel like a massive liar! Xx

Sometimes its just best to come clean then friends don't expect nothing from ya and take you into consideration when they plan these events. Friends support ya real ones that is you will soon find out whos who. Why don't you do it tomorrow then they will understand and may be able to suggest something else. x

I see your point....but (lol)....
I'm the site manager & they both report to me, I'd rather not now, not saying never but I'm not comfortable with tellin anyone other than my Mum,kids & 1 x bff ;)

I'm a coffee drinker and not afraid to ask for that in a pub! If thirsty I'll have water with lemon. As for food.... Well what a total waste. I'm doing the pub thing tonight. Will see what starters are available. Poss go with prawns or smoked salmon or soup or a few olives (posh pub!!)

Thx Victoria, I'm not worried about the food, it's more having the right drink (not alcohol) lol!
I'm totally off milk as I'd order coffee in pub too, no prob.... but had a soya latte with SF caramel syrup in Costas this afternoon OMG it was lush, so was thinkin, steer them to Costa then if they still fancy pub, I'll do mineral water or diluted Apple juice

Thx EVERY ONE :) :) :)

Well only you will know when the time feels right. Steer them to Costa if that's ok for you most people enjoy it in there. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT, ididnt tell any one before hand other than a handful of close family and friends. After the op I let them all know when ever any one sees me now who hasn't seen me for a while I usually explain because I now I could never have done this on my own hence all the years of being morbidly obese. Now I don't care I used to work in a school I even told them afterwards the ones who were interested, they new at my new work place so do the clients then I find that they just accept whatever I eat or do without question. They know I know best what my body needs and wants, They have all been very supportive, but don't get me wrong some have been jealous, and it has been blatantly obvious but hey I did this for me, my only reason for not telling people before the op was because my luck never runs smooth but it did that time. My family were terrified for me but they all supported me still xxxx

Back