• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puma Faas

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone tried it yet?

I have booked in for my first class on Friday morning before work - wish me luck, will let you know how I get on.

If you dont know what it is heres the blurb:

A NEW group exercise class inspired by the training that propelled Usain Bolt to win three Olympic golds has been launched by Virgin Active and Puma. The Puma Faas (fast in Jamaican) Class is 30 minutes of exercise drills taken from Bolt’s regime, which focus on speed and agility and quick, powerful movements, all key to athlete training.

The class is set to a fast-paced Jamaican soundtrack, guaranteed to get your heart pumping and your feet moving.

Gillian Reeves, national group exercise manager at Virgin Active, said: “Traditionally, group exercise classes last between 45-60 minutes but this class will fit into people’s schedules while providing them with a high-intensity workout.

“The Puma Faas Class helps maximise fat and calorie burning as you are put through your paces, like an athlete.

“The Faas Class is a whole body workout that will strengthen joints and develop your lean muscle tissue, which means that you will get a more toned body over time.

“But best of all, the class is great fun,” said Gillian.
“You work hard but you have fun along the way, leaving the whole class really energised.”

Sounds good eh? :D

I got exhausted reading the description:D. Sounds good - look forward to reading your review.

I love Mr Bolt - he is a class act.

tranquil x

Well I did it!

It was good fun and as its taken until now for my body temperature to go back to normal Im guessing I burnt a fair few calories / fat and continued to do so for a while.

Its very much like circuit training but in shorter bursts, shuttles, resistence etc.

I wouldnt recommend it to new exercisers but if your looking for a short, sharp high impact workout then try it. I wil do it again thats for sure. :D

Well I did it!

It was good fun and as its taken until now for my body temperature to go back to normal Im guessing I burnt a fair few calories / fat and continued to do so for a while.

Its very much like circuit training but in shorter bursts, shuttles, resistence etc.

I wouldnt recommend it to new exercisers but if your looking for a short, sharp high impact workout then try it. I wil do it again thats for sure. :D

Oer Mrs - well done - you are brave - think ill stick to my Wii for now hehe x

Back