• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pureed Stage

kjb

I have another week of fluids(3 in total) :(but I'm trying to plan ahead for the pureed stage,am I right in thinking I should be able to eat anything sensible which may be pureed in a blender?Does anyone have any guidance what should I be trying to eat as from next Monday?Melba toast seems to be mentioned in daily menu's,is this a pureed or soft stage food?

I am a bander but just moved onto Mushy and my daily diet has to be anything which could be mushed witha fork and eaten without the need for knife.

So planning on weetabix or scrambled egg and beans for breakfast, inside of a potato with cottage cheese or an omlette for lunch and for dinner mash with fish and veggies, cauliflower and brocoli cheese, shepherds pie and fish pie. snacks are yogurt or a banana smoothie

The Post-Op diet sheet I got from my surgeon says the following foods should be avoided when on the pureed food stage:

All solid foods
Tough skin on foods such as tomato or dried fruits
Sweet corn :clap: (good I hate the stuff)
Tomato seeds
Bacon and meat with gristle, and meat that has not been pureed
Hard cheese
Potato skins
Toast, bread, rusks, nuts, seeds.

Today is my first day on the pureed food stage so my Ready Brek this morning was very nice :D

Have just made myself a number of small Sheperds Pies (although after liquidising the lamb it didn't look as nice) topped with a bit of mash. Yesterday I steamed and pureed a load of carrots and parsnips and weighed them out in individual portion sizes, wrapped them in cling film and stuck them in the freezer. So I have a supply of vegetables done, will do some different ones next time - pureed sprouts - mmmmmm

AE

Yep but you won't be able to eat much. I lived on smash potato with cheese! I also puréed cans of chicken in white sauce, chilli etc.

Melba toast was on my soft stage, it's because it breaks down to nothing in your mouth.

I have had ready brek & weetabix from day 1 ,very runny though,provider said this was fine,also blended vegetable soups

Am 5.5 weeks post-op, can't wait to move onto purée as am still on fluids (milk as hate soup).

Sigh..... Can't wait for baby food ;)

AE did puréed sprouts last wls, just don't look at what your eating and they are still lovely. Puréed beetroot is another goody :D

AE that sounds great- I also found shepards pie did not look great after the blender but it tasted fine! And as Victoria says its only a couple tablespoons you're having anyway!

AE did puréed sprouts last wls, just don't look at what your eating and they are still lovely. Puréed beetroot is another goody :D

I like sprouts so not too bothered about them, but, pureed beetroot - are you mad :) It's another of those things I went off a few years ago - someone once told me that beetroot juice was good for lowering your blood pressure but you had to drink quite a lot of it - like pints (in the end I didn't even have high blood pressure in the first place). It was the most disgusting thing I have ever drunk - and what did I get out of it - Purple wee! What is it with me and the waterworks department, not only purple then but 2 weeks ago it was Green ShrekWee thanks to my op :sigh:

AE that sounds great- I also found shepards pie did not look great after the blender but it tasted fine! And as Victoria says its only a couple tablespoons you're having anyway!
Worked well for lunch, thanks to another forum members suggestion I made it in a ramekin and had that with an ounce of pureed carrot and an ounce of pureed parsnip. Also with plenty of lamb bisto gravy. Managed to get through about 3/4 of it before deciding I was full and stopping - very tasty though.

AE

I'm now 6+ weeks post op and totally fed up of pureed food!! However every time I try eating anything that's not pureed I bring it up again with 30 minutes.
I guess I must be rushing things but so want food to look like food again.
I don't mean to sound like a moaning-Minnie but just needed to little rant :rolleyes:
I'll have to be patient a while longer so it's soup tonight!

I am one week post op and now on the runny puree stage but am so very worried that I am eating too much. I managed a weetabix with lots of milk with no problem at all and have just eaten a pureed scrambled egg and managed all of it as well as a muller light this afternoon. I thought I would only be able to manage a teaspoon or two. I dont feel full at all I'm so confused about whether a whole egg is too much etc.

I can't stand purée food :(

Oh that's good news Big D. I honestly am surprised that I can eat a whole egg lol Previously i could have polished off 20 times the volume and never gave it a thought and now I'm worried i can eat an egg Sx

I've been panicking cause I thought we wud only be able to manage a few tablespoon but every1 different thinking what if it hasn't worked ( but it obviously as cause my clothes are hanging off me) .... I Avnt ad a problem with food or fluids from day 1 apart from sum chicken which didn't agree with me x

how much can you eat Nicnac - can you manage a whole yoghurt?

Yogurts I'm fine - but texture of purée food I don't like :( I love mash but once I purée it yuck :(

I am one week post op and now on the runny puree stage but am so very worried that I am eating too much. I managed a weetabix with lots of milk with no problem at all and have just eaten a pureed scrambled egg and managed all of it as well as a muller light this afternoon. I thought I would only be able to manage a teaspoon or two. I dont feel full at all I'm so confused about whether a whole egg is too much etc.

Sounds ok to me. Just remember you don't get your full feeling yet as you are still numb from the surgery. Around 4 weeks post op you should start feeling it and 8 weeks you will have real feeling of restriction. Although everyone is slightly different. The puree just tends to slip through quickly too. Don't worry about it too much. You will find your stride with it all. It just takes practice.

Back