• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stage 2 - pureed foods

luckyla

Can anyone please tell me what quantities of pureed food I should have? My sheet from the dietician says 1oz of minced beef, mashed potato and pureed vegetables.
I've just had an email from the dietician and he said quantities or amounts aren't that important? That it depends how much I can tolerate. He said 3 or 4 soup spoons of food should be about right.
I'd really appreciate any feedback from those of you that have been through the pureed stage, as to what you ate and how much.

hi sorry i cant be any decent help but in my post op info pack all it really says is the kinda food you can eat and its down to you to stop when you feel full and thats about it not really a great help i know but i suppose this is part of the re training yourself bit ill be on stage 2 on the 20th june good luck

JED said:
hi sorry i cant be any decent help but in my post op info pack all it really says is the kinda food you can eat and its down to you to stop when you feel full and thats about it not really a great help i know but i suppose this is part of the re training yourself bit ill be on stage 2 on the 20th june good luck

Thanks for your reply :)

Jed pretty much hit the nail on the head. My post-op info states the same. It gives you a rough guide (more to aim for as a minimum rather than a maximum because appetite is often very subdued post-op) to aim for but states to stop when you feel full. I am now 8 weeks post-op and I can just about cope with half a ready meal size of food. My breakfast generally consists of an Oat So Simple sachet with about 180ml of milk and I struggle to finish that. Lunch might be half to three quarters of a tin of soup or similar quantity of home-made soup. Evening meal is usually in the region of a ramakin dish size of meat with some veg and potato (mashed).

Struggling to get certain foods down still like scrambled eggs, avacado, etc. Tried a couple of chicken and leek sausages yesterday (high meat content) to see how I coped. Wasn't the most comfortable experience and only managed to finish one sausage (they were chipolata size). Small steps...

Back