• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pureed Stage

Gemmmmmmmmmma

Hi lovely people.

So in the space of the last hour, I've managed to completely freak myself out about my pending surgery (Tuesday 19th).

I want to get prepared as much as I can be for then, and want to spend the weekend preparing puree and things I can have after the surgery, during the first stage - it I've freaked my self out and am now double guessing everything.

Please tell me lovely people, what did you prepare? What kinds of things where you able to manage after surgery? What was the consistency like?

I think I'm going to go mad!!!

Gemma x

OK first of all....... Breathe!

It is normal to panic and get stressed - I am waiting to freak out as I get closer to my date!

What has your provider given as rules? How many weeks of what?

I am 2 liquid, then 2 purée so thinking about making some soups. Would be good to see what advice others give who have gone through it though.

I asked the same thing and was advised not to prepare too much because it might go to waste.
I had a lot of soups, mash potato or a mix of carrot, swede and sweet potato with cream cheese and Tesco ultraslim shakes. I also really liked (and still do) mince beef and gravy pureed. I could only manage a couple of tablespoons per meal to start with. I do freeze food ahead and I bought some toddler snack pots and they're the perfect size for a portion on mince or mash. I hope that's some help x

Hi. I would not prepare anything. First two weeks is broth and light soups and purée I just used to blend what I've cooked for the rest of the family. You will only be eating a couple of spoons so don't worry. You will be fine. I'm 4 weeks post op and still only eating a couple of spoons at a time. Good luck

I would say don't prepare anything new as your taste could change. You'll probably be able to rustle up some soup with pantry ingredients at first until you can go shopping for a bit of what you fancy.

Back