• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

querie about staples

Raynebubble

Hi, i was just wondering if anybody had any discharge from there staples after surgery... i have a little yellow discharge when i squeaze the wound... i am going to visit my doctors in the morning...and my staples are coming out on wednesday... did anybody else experience this?

i had stitches love and a very bad infection ,which i never went to doc about so dont leave it , best they check it for you , just incase , good luck xxxxx

i had stitches love and a very bad infection ,which i never went to doc about so dont leave it , best they check it for you , just incase , good luck xxxxx

thankyou dawn.... i went last week to docs as querie with another staple and he gave me some antibiotics for emergency.... but i rang my surgeon today and he said dont take them until i see the doctor tmro and see what he says... he said its only a very small wound so prob nothing to worry about.

I didn't have staples or sutures I had glue and steri strips over the wounds. Wounds have healed well. The discharge from your wounds sounds like infection there maybe you need different antibiotics. Hope your wounds get better soon! x

Stop squeezing!

I didn't have staples or sutures I had glue and steri strips over the wounds. Wounds have healed well. The discharge from your wounds sounds like infection there maybe you need different antibiotics. Hope your wounds get better soon! x

Thankyou Jay, the wound was ok, but another wound was a bit red a yellowy so went back to docs today and he said to take the antibiotics as from today which i am... so hopefully all will be ok, he said he doesnt think have an infection but t looks a bit red.. the nurse at my surgery is going to take a swab anyway on wednesday when i have staples removed... so not looking forward to that lol xx

Don't worry about having your staples removed. They have a special tool which make it very easy for them to be removed. I had mine out last Monday, all 47 of them plus 6 cross stitches and I can honestly say it did not hurt at all. I thought I would be needing gas and air but it was totally fine. :)

Don't worry about having your staples removed. They have a special tool which make it very easy for them to be removed. I had mine out last Monday, all 47 of them plus 6 cross stitches and I can honestly say it did not hurt at all. I thought I would be needing gas and air but it was totally fine. :)

Thankyou Jen that is reassuring... ooh you had 47 OMG!!!! that is a lot and here i am worrying about 13 lol xxx

Back