• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question on Breast Reduction????

Sara4

Hi Girls

I have an appointment to see a surgeon about a breast reduction on 20th April. I am very happy with my decision to have the surgery done and looking forward to the end result.

But....I have a 10 month old daughter (adopted so not breast feeding). I am single. I am worried about the pain levels and length of time for recovery. I mean how long will it be before I can pick up the baby again???

It is the logistics of it. I have 2 people that mind the baby when I work (12 hours a week). I am hoping I will pay them to help me 2 or 3 days a week each for the first few weeks. But what about at night? I have a 19yr old son and he has agreed to help too. But how long will I need to be making arrangements for?

Also my job is not physical at all. I can split my working into 3 hour shifts (so then I could rest after it). How long till I go back to work?

How bad is the pain?

I sound like a complete wuss! LOL! I just want to know what I am dealing with.

Thanks in advance and any opinions, advice or experiences are very welcome.

Please look on breast health online its a site similar to this but just dealing with breast surgery and tummy tucks.Im sorry to see youve had no replies i hope this helps ( i took 2 weeks off work and a friend stayed over for a week to help with kids and looking after me and i needed that rest for sure,I used holidays that were owed to me but they do give you a sick note if you want one) x

Hiya, .. i'm not 100% what the NHS recommend as recovery time but my mum was in 'resting' and unable to pick anything heavy up for 6 odd weeks.. she found it very frustrating and i ended up doing alot for her!!! ( isn't she lucky to have such a lovley daughter eh :p) she also said that she felt like an elephant was sat on her chest for weeks.. i know she struggled with the pain for the first 2 weeks or so.. xx
good luck with your op and i hope you are happy with the end result and do not find the recovery period too long or painful!

Thanks for the replies! I decided to put off the op as I was too worried about carrying the baby! So now scheduled for Oct when she will be toddling and climbing the stairs herself (i hope). I have been told I will be covered by private health insurance - Thank God! So roll on the op!

Hi

Well I did it! 13th Oct. It was much easier than I thought. I was expecting a lot more pain. I was in hospital 2.5days and now am just 4 weeks post surgery. I am thrilled with the results so far although it is still early days. Swelling and bruising still there and I have a complication of "fat necrosis" (sp?). A hard lump in my right breast which is apparently fat tissue with poor blood supply. It could go in a few weeks or 18 months or never. It is still tender and I am hoping the discomfort will at least go out of it. To be honest it is a bit visible but I would happily keep it and be the way I am now compared to where I was!!

Really just updating this in case anyone else is considering it.

I had a 1lb removed from each side and I noticed the difference the minute I sat up after the surgery! My boobs have always been a hinderence with exercise. I am hoping to keep the weight off now by exercising.

I always had back problems and I am really hoping this will have sorted some of that!

Anyway, I still love lipotrim for helping me lose my weight. I am still struggling with that last blooming stone. But really hoping to get exercising now without having the girlies giving me 2 black eyes.

Anyone else thinking of it......GO FOR IT! Sooooooo worth it!

xxxxxxx

Back