• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Breast reducition at 18 Help me please???

miya

Hiya. I am 18 years old. I have a 32inch hips and a 24.5 inch waist but i have really large breasts- am a 28f to a 30f (sometimes ff). I feel so selfcounsious of them. I get really bad chest pains and shoulder ache. My mum isnt big chested (shes only a b cup). Am a uk size 8 so am not big all over. Am only 18 and i feel like ive got boobs of a 40 year old. Am so embarrassed of them. They look ok in a bra but look horrible without them. Am so embarrassed no one has even seen them. I feel like they are way out of proposion with my body. I really want to have a breast reduction. Can i have this done on the NHS? Do you think that i could be a good candiadate? I know am still young but they are deffently not going to get any better as i get older! I think that a D cup would be more suited to me. Am so fed up with them- am just scared out going to my doctors and them truning me down- what shall i do?? Please Help me x
Sorry about the spelling!!

I think it would definatly be worth while talking to your doctor about especially if it is causing you pain and emotional problems u need to talk to your doctor ask your surgery for a female one im sure she will be sympathetic

You would be a good candidate for a reduction but please think hard and long, there are quite a few good reason, smaller breasts, less back pain, and a feeling of confidence that you seem to have lost in yourself, but on the negative side you are very young to go through your life with large scars that will never go away, the reduction cannot be done without leaving you with huge scars, that have the chance to get infected, and stay very wide, your nipples will be removed and replaced, you might loose them! You might loose sensation in your breasts, and there are a lot of internal scaring that might happen that cannot be rectified. Please think about these negative things firstly, you say you are not comfy with anyone seeing you without a bra but would you be ok with them seeing scars?

I know I seem like the bearer of bad news and gloom and doom but last year I wanted smaller breasts lifed up, I was left with no breast and massive scars, I have now had inplants and not a day go by that I wish I had never gone down this road.
If you do decide yo go and get them done, please research your doctor thoroughly, I did and I honestly don't know what would happen to me if he hadn't repaired the damage done for free- I am still paying for the first op that will take me a long time to pay off.

I do know a young lady who has had a reduction and she is happy to show her scars and is very happy with it - but she is super confident in herself and she sees her scars as something to be proud of and loves her new shape. She did go for councelling first because her mum was paying and felt she needed the extra help, maybe a trip to your gp first and a session with a councellor might help you make your choice,

Which ever choice you make I hope it all works out for you xx

I had my breast reduction at 19 from a 36GG to 36C and it was the best thing that i have ever done from the point of view of having less back pain no cuts on myshoulder from the bra straps not havin men only ever talk to my chest etc I also have alot more confidence with my smaller boobs and loved that clothes actually fitted i was a sie 12 when I had mine done and have since put on weigh and gone up to a D cup. However I have very bad scarring which means I cant wear very low cut tops I am still self conscious in a bikini as you can see the scars in the middle of my chest. I also have to consider know that I want a baby and chances are that I wont be able to breast feed which i knew about but at 19 i did not really care!! The other thing I would say are that all operations carry a risk I bled alot during the op and had to have a blood transfusion. I also got an infection in one which has left an area of discoloration under my right nipple. It is also quite uncomfortable although I have to say I was that excited about my new boobs and trying on new tops that i soon got over the pain lol. I did have mine done on the NHS as I was getting terrible and pain and i was depressed and would not go out anywhere as everyone was staring at me. Sorry for the ramble just wanted to share my experienc with you feel free to message me if you want to chat about it xx

Hiya ksmiuk, (i dont know if am replying directly to you as am new to the site ha). Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to me message. I feel i can relate to you as you was around the same age as me when you had it done. I didnt relize that there was so many different complications. I guess am just stuck i really dont know what to do! I hope you dont mind me rambling on to you- its just nice to talk to someone that understands. I havent disucssed this with anyone before, as everyone thinks am fine with the way i am. I just feel like my proportions are all over the place. Am a size 8 (sometimes a 6) on the bottom and 8 on the top- but i cant wear certin things as i feel everyone (mainly guys) are just looking at them all the time. I really want to go to see my doc but when ever i get reffered (if i do) its going to be so embarrassing letting someone look at me! It would be great if i didnt half chest pains or red marks all the time. It would be nice to wear a bikni that i can find in my size (even underware!) I was thinking that a d cup would be more to me shape (If yuo dont mind me asking) how did you feel after the op- how painful was it? Are the scars really noticable? Thanks again for listing to me! xxxx

Hey Miya,
I Had A Reduction Just Over A Year Ago And Its The Best Thing I Have Ever Done,i Went From A 40 F/g To What I Am At The Minute 36 C/d(ive Lost Weight).
Anyway I Think If You Feel Like This Now You Will Not Feel Any Better About Them The Older You Get,i Know I Was 31 When I Had The Op!!!
I Do Have Scarring But It Is Not That Big Of A Deal,but Im In A Relationship For The Last 10 Years,you Being Younger It Might Be Different For You About How You Feel About Them,and Showing Them Off,but The Pros Far Outweigh The Cons As Far As Im Concerned.
Obviously Its Something You Must Really Think About But Judging By Your Thread You Are Really Unhappy With The Way Your Chest Is.
I Got An Infection In My Left Breast But Nithing A Couple Of Courses Of Anti-biotics Didnt Clear Up,im Not Trying To Sway You Just Letting You Know My Experience With It,
Best Of Luck To You And What Ever You Decide,keep Us Posted Whatever You Do,
Elaine X

I understand completely about the pain and the embarassment. As for showing the dr i was a little shy but you have to just think they have seen it all before I would recommend speaking to someone close about how you feel I had my mum on board with me and she was great. I think your right not wanting to go down to small as to be honest the surgeons are not always spot on with the sizing so its best to say you want to be a little bigger if that makes sense. To be completely honest the pain was not bad at all but I am quite good with pain if ya know what i mean. The scars are bad but only people i choose to show see them when i was single though i was very conscious about showing my breasts and i remember warning my boyfriend at the time it case it freaked him out lol hope thats not to much info lol. I would consider going to have a chat with your gp they would be able to give you more information the surgeon i saw had a portfolio with all pics in so I knew roughly what i was letting myself in for. xx

Miya - I had mine done about 15 years ago. I swear I woke up one morning when I was about 17 and there were these great big bazookers! :D:D I was very slim and petite, very sporty and active. Because I was so slim they looked worse than ever. I used to get awful shoulder pain and backache and this horrendous rash under my boobs, where the top layer of skin rubbed right off and was raw.

I enquired about breast reduction and was told that it was best to wait until after you have had kids and done with breast feeding so I waited about 10 years and when I had my last baby I was measured for a maternity bra and they didn't go up to my size!! :cry:

Then a midwife very tactfully enquired why I didn't have something done & told me she'd had hers done recently. When I was done with feeding the last little one I went and got it done on NHS. One look at the rash, the size of 'em in relation to my slim body and he agreed. He said there was NO way I could ever exercise and lose them. ;)They took some photos (with my permission) and even I was horrified at seeing them in print!

They took 2.5 lbs off each one and I felt like I was as light as a feather afterwards and I was able to resume all my sports which I had not been able to do before.

Back