• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

QUESTIONS FOR MY GP?

seawaves

Hi all i've made a appointment to see my GP tomorrow to discuss my bits for after my surgery (in september) just wonder if anyone has any good tips as to what to ask? i'm going to ask about vitamins but my mind has gone blank! any advice greatly received, thanks in advance

your hospital will send a letter to your GP after you leave the hospital listing all the meds that you need and what you have left the hospital with - they will also give you a copy, so in terms of meds you only have to turn up and get a prescription (don't let the GP fob you off with saying you don't need some of the things). You will need a regular blood test to determine your nutritional levels, but I have mine done at the hospital. If you have diabetes or any other co-morbidities then your doctor will do blood tests to see how these are. I was taken off my diabetic meds at the hospital after the op and my doctor checks regularly to make sure this is still the case.

Hi all i've made a appointment to see my GP tomorrow to discuss my bits for after my surgery (in september) just wonder if anyone has any good tips as to what to ask? i'm going to ask about vitamins but my mind has gone blank! any advice greatly received, thanks in advance

Thanks for this question: I'm seeing my GP next week to ask the same stuff.

One thing in particular (and so sorry if this is hijacking your post)

I take Zoton (LANSAPRAZOLE) for gastric reflux.
It used to be prescribed as fast tab, which dissolved in the mouth. Then a few months ago, because it's cheaper they swapped the prescription to capsules. They're a so-and-so to swallow.

How difficult is it it to swallow pills etc post-op? I'm hoping to be able to persuade the docs to re-instate the fast-tabs.

any help gladly appreciated.

Back