• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quick question ?

hesh

Hya im 9 days post op and im mangaing my food really well although i im eating more and more each day today i have had an actimel, a innocent smoothie, 2 meatballs, 2 tablespoons of veg dinner and now im having a cup of soup am i eating to much ??? ( i have managed to drink all of my cup of soup pretty much straight away) x

Surely you shouldnt be touching anything like meatballs or veg dinner at only 9 days out???????? I would seriously stop eating solids and consult your surgeon to explain to you how you need to eat. You will ruin your new pouch if you rush it!

ive been purifiing them i havent been eating them solid sorry should have been more clear

I dont know hun... as ive had a bypass so dont know what you rules are... were you given a diet sheet... you should stic to the guidelines on that xx

Meat balls and veg 9 days post op - wow erm never known anyone to be on that kinda solids so soon out, I trust that the surgeon gave you a post op diet sheet and it states that it is allowed ( sorry not trying too teach granny to suck eggs or nothing , just a little shocked thats all lol) as for the soup liquid will basically go through your pouch as its runny liquids as apposed to a milk shake or something ( hope that makes sense) - Wishing you all the best MeJulie xx

I guess every hospital is different but at nine days out I was still on a liquid only diet so I'm surprised you've moved to solid food so quickly. Did they give you any guidance about the different stages and how long you should stay on each? I'm three weeks out now and I'm still not eating solid food!

H xx

I was on liquids for the first two weeks, wasnt allowed on pureed food until 2 weeks after my op. Please look at your sheet again and don't risk going against it even if you feel ready - you dont want to end up back on the operating table!

Yeah i got a diet sheet but she didnt say to follow exactly she said just to include one of the groups of food daily i.e carb, protein, i have been purifiying my meal im not eating solids

ive been purifiing them i havent been eating them solid sorry should have been more clear

Ah ha! That explains it :) Were you advised a week on liquid, then onto puree?

H xx

Basically I was told that stage 1 was - if you can't drink it through a straw, it's too solid!

no even when i was in hospital they gave me half a wheatbix for breakfast as long as my food is purified, im on purified food for 4 weeks then i move on to soft foods ie scrambled eggs ect x

Okay! Well puréed means it should be soft enough to dribble off a spoon (like yoghurt would), so just make sure if you purée stuff, it's got plenty of moisture in it, like gravy for example.

yeah i have been, i made the mistake of eating mash potatoe with tuna and it was uncomfortable as it was to thick, but is a cup of soup classed as a meal as its very watery as is actimels im confused ?

hesh said:
yeah i have been, i made the mistake of eating mash potatoe with tuna and it was uncomfortable as it was to thick, but is a cup of soup classed as a meal as its very watery as is actimels im confused ?

Iv been having a actimel for breakfast so would class it as a meal. I was also on pureed from 2 days post op which I'm finding difficult as most meat doesn't puree down without lumps even in gravy so could I ask what meat you found best at this stage. X x x

Iv just been having things like meatballs, stewed steak chicken (from the packet) dice it up then i purify it there is some lumps but very little and dont have a problem with them x

At that stage I only had soups n shakes, be careful not to rush it and stretch it xx

Back