• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not impressed ?

hesh

Hya im 2 weeks post op 2day and this week i have only lost 2lb i was expecting much more with it only been my second week, im eating everything i shud be and very small amounts??, also after everything i eat or drink im burping loads any 1 help ??

you may be struggling because you cant eat much yet? only a guess as im pre op but if your not getting callories your body may say no! as i say only a guess i hope someone can help you asap!!!!!! xxxx dont get too disheartened a loss is a loss keep going hun xxx

R its really got me down, im struggling to change my lifestyle as its still early days and i wanted a nice result for the 2nd week anyway and its totally disheartned is x

Hi hesh I am the same I'm 2 weeks post op and when I'm eating or drinking I'm getting pains then burping it has eased off a bit as was worse last week. So I'm guessing it's quite common and completely normal x

awww I no its hard but u will get there try to stay positive, r u drinking plenty? I've had a few wks with just a 2lb loss but hopefully a slow steady loss mite mean no stalls??? am hoping anyway lol, the burping for me only happens if I've ate something I wasnt ready for or ate or drank too fast. Good Luck xx

Please please don't worry, after my op I put on 9lbs and 9 months on I have lost 10stone!!! I know it is disheartening but it will go down, it's your body just adjusting.

that is a great loss....so dont panic hun... it will come off...at first your body is getting used to your insides being totally brand new, also its is in slight sarvation mode... notmeaning your starving... but meaning its holding on to what it can for now... once your on pureed, then soft foods.. you will soon see a difference xx

Last edited:
oh hun i can imagine it is disheartening! i hope you feel better soon but it is a great loss hun just keep going it will come off soon!!! :) were all here to try keep you positive and motivated! :) HUGS xoxoxox

I'm in exactly the same boat hun. 2 wks post op (op same day as Suzie) and my weigh in day is tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I'm looking at 2lbs.
I'm having the burpies too. I'll make a deal with you. I won't worry if you don't.
I was going to put off weighing myself until my 6-8wk hospital check but to be honest with my scales addiction it was never going to happen. We need to learn not to live by those blasted scales!!
xx

Please dont worry. Your body will be retaining water at the moment and because you are so recently post op you wont be able to drink as much as your body needs. Dont despair, it will happen.
Lynne xx

Hya im 2 weeks post op 2day and this week i have only lost 2lb i was expecting much more with it only been my second week, im eating everything i shud be and very small amounts??, also after everything i eat or drink im burping loads any 1 help ??

It is still a loss hun which is good. We all lose at different rates. Fingers crossed it will start moving soon for you.
I burp loads after I eat but I am hoping it is normal.

please remember that your insides are probably still swollen too, great advice above though hun x

It takes weeks to heal inside!You wont lose weight till you can eat more!Stick with it,the weight will fly off soon!Maz x

Thanks for the advise im glad its normal because sometimes i think i havent even had the op lol x

I'm a sleever and 7 weeks post op today, and my weight stalled for about 3 weeks; it might just have been 2 weeks but it felt like forever because I'm on the scales every day..can't stop myself. It's slowly moving again, and besides the scales I use a leather skirt I once fit into when i was last skinny (it's a size 14 and no "give" anywhere)...as a yardstick. I can see on that skirt that I am losing even though the scales don't agree!

Back