• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much is too much

mummy2309

hi there everyone,

i had my sleeve done on wednesday so im 6 days post op and im unsure of how much i can drink (fluids only for 3 weeks),

here is what i have had today
about 250mls of sugar free juice allday
3tbsp of a chicken cup a soup
3tbsp of homemade smoothie (added 1tbsp low fat icecream)
3tbps of a chicken cup a soup
100mls of fresh orange over a few hours

i have lost a 11lb since my op which im over the moon at, but my hubby and family are worried that im not getting much down me

whats normal please

I've had a bypass, but I think you should be drinking more than that. I'd aim for at least 1.5 litres of fluid a day :)

Took me ages to get my fluids. I would try sipping constantly except for 30 mins post meals or whatever you've been told. It gets easier.

The more you can get in the better. I had terrible cystitis symptoms at the beginning from dehydration.

Took me ages to get my fluids. I would try sipping constantly except for 30 mins post meals or whatever you've been told. It gets easier.

The more you can get in the better. I had terrible cystitis symptoms at the beginning from dehydration.

Victoria, you genius! You've solved my mystery! I'm suffering from cystitis type symptoms, and that's probably why, I'm really struggling with drinking plenty. Mission 'drink-a-lot' begins tomorrow!

Go me!! I promise you'll feel better if you get the fluids up. It's because the urine is so concentrated apparently x

Back