• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Race For Life 2009

Liverbird

Hey everyone

Before i had my surgery i didnt really do much exercise, maybe a bit of walking here and there but i never made much of an effort.....im now 5 months on from my bypass and I decided to do something worthwhile and to prove that I am capable of doing exercise. I have been walking a lot more recently and I have enjoyed myself.....so i decided to join the race for life.

I will be taking part at the Heaton Park event (Manchester) event on Sunday 21st June at 14.30pm.

I am really looking forward to it even though i will probably only walk round the 5k course. I am hoping though that by next year i will be able to do it again but do the actual run.

Has anybody else joined up to take part in a race for life anywhere this year?

What other exercise are people finding they can do with ease now that they couldnt before their surgery?

xx

Good luck Natasha it doesn't matter how you get round it's the taking part that matters and i hope to do it next year - sending you hugs with fairy dust so you sparkle round the course x

good on you. I am pre op but have been giving my new slim body some though too with regards to excercise. i have always enjoyed swimming and will be taking this up again with more passion. i hope to take part in the Bath half marathon in 18 months.

goodlucktou.gif

Hey everyone

Before i had my surgery i didnt really do much exercise, maybe a bit of walking here and there but i never made much of an effort.....im now 5 months on from my bypass and I decided to do something worthwhile and to prove that I am capable of doing exercise. I have been walking a lot more recently and I have enjoyed myself.....so i decided to join the race for life.

I will be taking part at the Heaton Park event (Manchester) event on Sunday 21st June at 14.30pm.

I am really looking forward to it even though i will probably only walk round the 5k course. I am hoping though that by next year i will be able to do it again but do the actual run.

Has anybody else joined up to take part in a race for life anywhere this year?

What other exercise are people finding they can do with ease now that they couldnt before their surgery?

xx

Back