• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Race for life after op??

HoPe*87*

Hi all,
Sadly my cousin passed away at the young age of 26 just b4 Xmas from cancer, now me and a few friends want to do the race for life in her memory and to raise some money for cancer. So my question is this. I have just had my op (I'm a week post sleeve) the race is 5k and is in July. So i will be 5 month post op, is that to soon to do this?? Xxx

i think you'll be ok by then, good luck to you :) i'd like to do it at some point too xxx

Well I am 5 months post op & whilst I know I couldn't run the whole 5k, I already walk much further than that now, so at a walk/run pace I could certainly manage it . I think you will be fine, sugar :) Good Luck xxx

I did one 6 months post hystorectomy and cancer treatment BUT do train for it, i was walking 5k on the treadmill 3 times a week and my top tip s get some very good trainers, my feet where very hot and sore after.

I loved doing the race for life last year good luck on that I cried when I finished it Haha but it had taken me a while and I was at my biggest lol but you feel so proud after it .... this was me when I got home after the race...

250264_10150733262325204_775515203_20043043_1575707_n.jpg

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

I did it last year and cried to when I finished. I was on my own and seriously thought I might die that last k. But, it was the best feeling ever. I'm having my surgery beginning of March and thinking the same thing. My goal is to be able to run it!

I want to be able to run it next year, not doing it this year but will hopefully have my op towards the end of this year so should be able to do the race next year! I hope xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Back