• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Race for Life

tink75

Today I completed the Race for Life in 42 mins - I can't believe it - I feel FANTASTIC - no sore joints or muscles. It is such an amazing feeling to know that this time last year there was NO way I could have even thought about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I dont get on here as often as I should - but if any pre oppers are reading this - today is what it is all about. I have NEVER cared about the cosmetic side of this surgery (although it is nice to buy size 16 clothes) it was all about health for me - well today I feel healthy and have proved that this surgery has performed the job I wanted. I jog walked jog walked ALL the way to the end. OMG this feels amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I look like rough but honestly I felt amazing - this is seconds after I finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• race for life.jpg
    race for life.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 27
GoodJob.gif

Bloody hell Tink, fantastic time - way to go hun.

Like you, I couldnt have even contemplated race for life when I was pre-op and the sense of achievement is amazing. Your time knocked spots off mine though. Mahoosive well done to you x x

Brilliant, you look marvellous with your medal. You have so got to be proud of yourself, as i'm sure all your loved ones are too xxx

Well done Tink! I did it last week so know how you feel. Last year i couldnt have even walked down to the seafront yet alone run along it!

well done, and a massive congratulations xx

Well done and massive congratulations to all the strong brave women who did this - it's great to see that we know believe in ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back