• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Re Dumping

Lynsey83

Hi everyone,
I am now 7 months post op and am still having some trouble with dumping and was wondering if anyone else has had the same or similar. If I eat anything within two hours of waking up in the morning 8 out of 10 times I will dump it which can be really unpleasant and embarrassing. I have tried all different foods I have found bread and bread products make it worse but I am able to eat these later in the day.
Thanks for reading xxz

Hi Lynsey, just at the beginning, 4 weeks post surgery. Sorry to hear you're having difficulties, I'm sure a more experienced member will be able to help you. Good luck. X

I'm 3 yrs post op and still dump on some things,I dont eat in the morning just drink coffee, and eat about 11am. But i allways have supper so i m not starving.
I was told this is ok . Good luck.xx

Thank you, when I spoke to the dietitian at st Richards she said she had never heard of that being a problem and didn't offer any solutions. Unfortunately my job means I can't eat until around 1pm at the earliest so I have been feeling quite crapy. It's nice to know it's not just me x

Only twelve weeks out but find I dump if I eat too early in the morning too. I have to give about two hours of wake time and several cuppas first. I have also had to ditch my cereals & bread products too. They don't make me dump per se but they do tend to upset my tummy although I'm fine with Melba toast and oat cakes. In saying that I did have a niggley thought that I may have issues regarding bread before my op anyway.

Back