• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st appointment at Heartlands

My complaint went to the Clinical Director, Andrew Barnett. Basically he apologised and sent me on Dr Taheri's response which was nothing more than lies and justification of his rudeness. I have sent my response onto the Clinical Director, Complaints Manager and PALS. I don't think anything will actually happen and made it clear that I will take this further if my complaint is held against me.

According to Dr Taheri, what he did to me was standard procedure to assess if I am ready psychologically. Well, he isn't a shrink so it isn't his place. He wanted to humilate me and he did. He wouldn't even discuss the surgery with me so I still don't understand what the purpose of this visit was.

I'm really sorry that you are having a hard time with your referral, I dread to think if this happens to me what I would do.
One thing I will say is PALS is superb, I use mine quite a bit for info and procedures system info. They are quick and they are knowledgable. Stick with them.

Can you not go back to your GP and ask to be reffered to another PCT ? Im sorry I dont know your area so not sure if this would be possible. If all that fails tell your GP that you want a re referral to a different GP, im sure hes not the only bariatric surgeon in that area.

in any case good luck and dont give up. :D

My complaint went to the Clinical Director, Andrew Barnett. Basically he apologised and sent me on Dr Taheri's response which was nothing more than lies and justification of his rudeness. I have sent my response onto the Clinical Director, Complaints Manager and PALS. I don't think anything will actually happen and made it clear that I will take this further if my complaint is held against me.

According to Dr Taheri, what he did to me was standard procedure to assess if I am ready psychologically. Well, he isn't a shrink so it isn't his place. He wanted to humilate me and he did. He wouldn't even discuss the surgery with me so I still don't understand what the purpose of this visit was.

I am sure that you will be treated a lot differently from now on, and with a lot more respect.

Of course doctors lie...I have personal experience of that when my father died as a result of a misdiagnosis...It does absolutely scare the pants off of them when they are complained about.

You are absolutely right when you say that he is not a psychiatrist; and this is a poor excuse from him and one that is now easily proven by you as it is now on paper by his admission that that is what he was trying to to when being rude to you.

Does he look like a little weasel? Because he sure sounds like one trying to wriggle out of it now.

Good luck girl...I'm sure all be ok from now on.

(((hugs)))

Next time you go FL take one of those tape recorders with you, I think they are called a dictaphone? I'm going to take my dads one with me for proof of what they say!

I had to keep mentioning the band and bypass to them but the only person that would speak about the band was the dietician and that was only because I kept asking questions. She wouldn't answer anything for the Bypass and kept changing the subject back to food. The Dr wouldn't talk about either procedure with me either but had to answer questions when I kept pushing them on him but again he wasn't interested in answering anything about the Bypass.

I am seriously thinking about going back to my GP and ask if they can refer me to Walsall instead as I feel Heartlands hasn't got a clue! It will probably all change once we get past these idiot consultants and onto the actual surgeons.

Next time you go FL take one of those tape recorders with you, I think they are called a dictaphone? I'm going to take my dads one with me for proof of what they say!

I had to keep mentioning the band and bypass to them but the only person that would speak about the band was the dietician and that was only because I kept asking questions. She wouldn't answer anything for the Bypass and kept changing the subject back to food. The Dr wouldn't talk about either procedure with me either but had to answer questions when I kept pushing them on him but again he wasn't interested in answering anything about the Bypass.

I am seriously thinking about going back to my GP and ask if they can refer me to Walsall instead as I feel Heartlands hasn't got a clue! It will probably all change once we get past these idiot consultants and onto the actual surgeons.

Only problem with that is, you could end up back at the beginning of the Walsall's waiting list...Hope not.

(((hugs)))

That is why I am afraid of changing as well. If I were you, I would complain as well. They are getting away with it because no one is saying anything to them. Dr. Taheri told his boss that he offered me personal email support. That is BS! The only thing he offered me was the ability to drive out to Birmingham to be weighed! Which dietician did you see? I am just gobsmacked at the lies they are telling.

Most mobile phones have a recorder/dictaphone on them but you are surpose to let the person in question know that you are about to tape the meeting/appointment by law. Thats why sometimes when you phone certain offices a recording comes on the phone first and says"this message may be recorded for training purposes" but basicly its telling you that you are being recorded and thats there loop hole. G.M

hi all, sorry its been a while, i went to see doctor super when i went to heartlands and it was the 1st visit with him when i got told that i could have the surgery but i had been under consultants in sandwell hospital with another health problem for 4 years and they had referred me to heartlands so dont know if that is why i got it sorted so quickly, my pre op is 17th august and surgery date is 11 sept, if you go back again mate i would really ask to see dr super as he was great, very helpful, im sorry to hear you had to see someone who was like that , but dont give up, it will be worth it in the long run :) if i can help in anyway just shout , as im in the middles of the pre op process at the moment

hi i live in wellingborough (any where near you?)i was given the same choose as you birmingham or luton, i went for luton because it's nearer to where i live. every one is treated the same there, i don't think anyone is turned down so long as they have the funding.i was told surgery would be about 6months from the first appt and my daughter was told the same. they prefer to do the bypass on younger people, and give the choose of bypass or band for the older people (like myself) every one is very friendly and every one in the waiting room talks to each other (thats how i know we'r all treated the same). also they bunch the appts together 1st/2nd in one visit and i have my 3rd/4th/5th on 14th aug when i should be put on the milk diet, then i should go back after 4 weeks, and if i have lost my 5% weight i will be given a date.
THE POINT IS EVERYONE IS NICE AND HELPFULL.

There seems to be a sub-section of the medical profession who seem to think that it is their money we are spending when we put ourselves through the hoop jumping of getting surgery...most of us, are at a very low ebb regarding our weight, most of us having problems from childhood for whatever reason, and it takes alot for us to admit we have an unhealthy problem with food, as most drunks would say, i can give it up tomorrow....you would think that a doctor doing a WLS clinic would have a bit more compassion for us, rather than be-littling us....yes it is us who get us to our present weight, but it's these guys that are meant to help us overcome our addiction to food, not make us feel so small and insignificant that it pushes us back into the grips of the one thing we're trying to get away from....FOOD!! :flamingmad: :rant2::rant2: :flamingmad:

Back