• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really interested in your post-op diets...

Dell

I am a week post op today and still on liquids for another week but have to admit to nibbling thoroughly on half a water biscuit earlier and it was lovely and no after effects :D

We all seem to have different post-op plans and I wondered what yours were, as other areas of the site with these things aren't always updated..
xxx

I am sleeve and supposed to be on liquids for 2 weeks, pureed food for two weeks, soft foods for two weeks then start introducing solid foods.

I am supposed to be going on to soft food on Tuesday but felt i could move on sooner so spoke to my team and they said it was absolutely fine. People progress at different times, i must just be an early progresser ;)

I really fancied a cheese sandwich today, so took it REALLY slowly and managed to eat half (a quatre in one sitting then the other quatre like 2 hours later) and was absolutly fine. Felt great actually to be able to eat something other that liquidy stuff :)

I had no food or drink for the first 24 hours,
then water for 12 and then liquid foods for 2 weeks.
Then soft foods for another 3 weeks.
After a month I was told I can eat everything.

Worked well for me! :D

Now, 2 1/2 months post op my typical day is
Wake up - hot cup of herbal tea
Don't have breakfast ( I know, wrong, but just not hungry)
Around 1pm - either soup or salad and 1 youghurt
Around 3-4pm a healthy snack like apple or youghurt
Then in the evening again salad or soup... And youhurt.

I know I should be trying more foods, but these ones I am comfortable with... I haven't felt better for a long time. No indegistion, no bloatiness, no dumping, no pain..

Now, 2 1/2 months post op my typical day is
Wake up - hot cup of herbal tea
Don't have breakfast ( I know, wrong, but just not hungry)
Around 1pm - either soup or salad and 1 youghurt
Around 3-4pm a healthy snack like apple or youghurt
Then in the evening again salad or soup... And youhurt.

I know I should be trying more foods, but these ones I am comfortable with... I haven't felt better for a long time. No indegistion, no bloatiness, no dumping, no pain..

I would have thought that if its working for you at the moment hun stuck to it.
You're doing FAB! If its working for you at the moment then go with it i say! :) xxxx

I'm so looking forward to .mashed potato and veg lol I'm gearing the family menu up.to me having some of theirs early next week if I feel ready. So far its been unsweetened semolina or mustard mostly with the odd soup. x

I'm so looking forward to .mashed potato and veg lol I'm gearing the family menu up.to me having some of theirs early next week if I feel ready. So far its been unsweetened semolina or mustard mostly with the odd soup. x

Me too!! Ive requested tattyash (sp?) for tea on Saturday with gravy. Tattyash is like mash potatoe with corned beef mashed in YUM!! xxxx

Oh that sounds fabulous and good for protein! I make a corned beef stew that might go down a treat if I skip the dumplings :( ;)

9 months post op a typical day for me is
1/2 pint aired water and half a lemon
Cheerios and s/s milk
grapes
tuna and salad with light mayo
chicken and veg and gravy
sometimes a bag of french fries
Im not awfully good with carbs they make me very sleepy so i tend not to bother unless they are really crispy(if that makes any sense)
oh and lots of water inbetween

Oh interesting that you can have fizzy water...I love it but was told anything carbonated would be out for life! That sounds like a great regular diet, at my stage it sometimes feels ill never eat normally again lol

People's diets seem to differ depending on surgeon/PCT. I'm seriously worried about mine. I feel hungrier now than I been before my bypass.

People's diets seem to differ depending on surgeon/PCT. I'm seriously worried about mine. I feel hungrier now than I been before my bypass.

You wont when you start eating proper solids it amazing......like waving a magic wand xxx

Aha I see, never thought of that! Might try it
Jo, I'm just on liquid for 2 weeks post op, dying for some purer. Perhaps you need to look at what you are pureeing and make it of more value to you or up the sound? Also drink lots, it'll fill you up and did tour health and weight loss
Chin up honey xxx

Thanks Dell. Don't get me wrong I do not regret my bypass one single bit. I also think 'cos I was so 'well' immediately after my op, I thought I was wonder-woman & did a bit too much. I'm suffering a bit now as I am so tired & today I feel bit light headed.
Its also knocked me for 6 what has happened to Charis.

Sorry for being so miserable, I can assure you that I am never ever normally like this.

Hi all, I'm new to all this as I had my bypass on Tuesday and came home 18.30hrs yesterday.

So far plan to have yoghurt, mixed veg soup which I'm in the process of making, (I'll strain some and liquidise some) and pineapple and cocont smoothie diluted with milk, (gift from a friend).

Although I haven't felt hungry, I do feel an emptyness and have a headache. I am drinking plenty of warm and iced water.

I really need to sit down and work out some menus higher in protein to help with the healing process.

J-Mo I'm on 2 weeks liquid, 2 wks pureed and 2 wks soft/mashed.

Hope you manage to find something that gives your taste buds a buzz.

love

Rebirth

Back