• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post-Op Diet

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
Ive been looking on the forum at post op diets, and most seem to be for bypass, so im adding this here!

on the 2 week liquid stage, what did you eat? i know liquids but im trying to build a menu type thing so i can start buying things to put away?.
Also the same with the mushy..

and then when you come onto normal eating, could you add your daily menus? as in amounts... I looked at the tiny pots in poundland yesterday and thought hhmmm they look to small surely? ...

xx thanks xx

I ate lots of soups. Heinz big soup is good as it has veg and you can blend it easily. You can also purée Sunday dinner with lots of gravy. Home made fruit smoothies are good, as long as you sieve out all the bits. I also used to make parsley sauce and cheese sauce and have that puréed with mash.

Soft food is anything you can mash with a fork. I ate things like fish in sauce with mash, scrambled egg and beans, mashed up roast dinner, tuna with mash, shepards pie, fish pie, the insides of jacket potato with beans or cheese. Basically try anything you can mash easily.

If you look on the gastric bypass RNY part of the forum, there is a thread on there started by mayamoo where we all post our daily menus :)

When it comes to normal eating, always stick to the rules;

Use a side plate, protein first (try to get to 70g), then veg, try to avoid white carbs, 2 snacks, 8 glasses of water. Monitor your cals if you want to. I do.

I am eating almost anything low fat, low sugar pureed (knocked back with stock, gravy, milk etc if necessary) to make a soft puree. Its less boring than the same old same old but still a little weird. Good luck with your op.

Back