• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really nervous about THG NOW !!

loughpet

Hi,

I have my band surgery booked with THG for June . I am having it done with Prof McMahon In Leeds. After reading all the negative press on here re: the aftercare I am in two minds now to go ahead or not. I also have 3 young children and have started thinking what if something happens to me during surgery !!!!!

Anyone else had these thoughts ?

Hi, sorry I don't know anything about THG, but I think anyone contemplating any form of surgery has the 'what if' thoughts. It's completely normal.

You just have to think about how the surgery will work & how your life will improve after it x

have you payed them any money ? try get a refund and go else where, the op itsself would be ok with them its there aftercare thats rubbish.

Hi,

I have paid £500 deposit. I didn't want the aftercare and was happy paying for fills etc as I needed them but they would not take it off the price. My aftercare will be in Belfast . Has anyone had their surgery down with THG and had aftercare in Belfast ?

Their operations are not the issue so you should be fine.It was their aftercare that was pants.

I had my operation almost a year ago with prof Mcmahon and he is fantastic, so gentle and I felt very happy knowing he was doing my op.
Unfortunatley I have seen him just once since my op, yes the aftercare was pretty bad but apparantly they have a new aftercare team which is better?
I was due to see him earlier this month but the clinic was cancelled which is one of those things so I am waiting for a new date now:( which hopefully I don't have to chase for, time will tell, I will give it another week before contacting them again.
I had a bypass too so I realise the aftercare for you with a band and fills ect will be different anyway.
Good luck with whatever you decide and I'm sure if you do go for it with THG you will be thrilled with the prof and fingers crossed no problems with the aftercare either since their "shakeup" and different dietician !
Leona seems very helpful and I think?? she is responsible for aftercare with THG now.
Hope this helps a little.

I wouldn't bother paying for aftercare with THG...you won't get any (speaking from personal experience) :sigh: as for Leona, on the few occasions that I had to deal with her I found her to be a total Madam and was made to feel that I was too much trouble.

If I could rewind the last year, I would have forfieted my deposit and walked away from that bunch of thieves... but again that's my personal experience, though others have had good experiences with them.

sorry to be negative, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone :sigh:

i dunno what thg is, ut i had my op at leeds nuffield with the prof.

I have seen him once since.

There is awful aftercare, and i made a complaint.

Im lucky, as i havent had any issues, i dread to think what would have happened if i did!

x

bands need much more aftercare than bypasses THG have let ppl down big time with that side of the deal x

Back