• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello there, introduction and question ...

SandieMac

Hello there,

I found this website early one morning having woken myself up snoring, it was so loud that I could no longer blame it on the cat (we don’t have a dog).

At 53yrs of age after years of yoyo dieting - SW, WW, Rosemary Conley (is she still around!), diet pills, Cambridge - I have finally booked a consultation through THG with Martin Richardson for a gastric band, my appointment is next Saturday. I have told no one apart from my husband, my sister and my eldest daughter - all being very supportive although my eldest daughter’s first reaction was “go on a diet, then give me the money and I can buy a new car”. Needless to say she’s not getting a new car!

I have been reading a lot of your posts, thank you all for your honest thoughts, the good the bad and the ugly. It is so reassuring to see that even though some of you have had problems you would still have it done again.

So roll on next Saturday, I’m excited and nervous at the same time.

Can I ask a question please, I have read some posts regarding Martin Richardson and have done some research (all seems ok there) but my main concern is am I choosing the right provider? I’m hoping to go for the 4 year aftercare package but have any of you had any experience with THG when something has gone wrong and it’s needed putting right?

I can't answer your band questions but hello and welcome! Ms Conley is indeed still around, I spotted her magazine in Tesco the other days. She doesn't seem to have aged since my mum had her exercises videos in the 1980's though!

Yep, she's still around although her business went belly up in 2014. So no more slimming classes, just the books and magazines!

Back