• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really scared something wrong

newgal

i have been doing ok lost 2 stone since my op 7 weeks ago now doing well having 3 full meals a day but 2day i am realy scared after i had taken my movical and had my brekfast about an hour later i had an almighty burp and tasted some bile in my mouth i thought we dont have any bile anymore i feel fine not sick or anything does this mean sonething is leeking somewhere? do i need to phone the hospital?

i have been doing ok lost 2 stone since my op 7 weeks ago now doing well having 3 full meals a day but 2day i am realy scared after i had taken my movical and had my brekfast about an hour later i had an almighty burp and tasted some bile in my mouth i thought we dont have any bile anymore i feel fine not sick or anything does this mean sonething is leeking somewhere? do i need to phone the hospital?
If your ok now, I would say it's nothing to worry about, and maybe you just had a build up of trapped wind. if in doubt seek medical advice from a professional though. ;)

I doubt its a leak to be honest, as I think your symptoms would be a lot worse than a bit of bile.

You should be on meds to prevent the build up of stomach acid - something like lansoprazole.

When you say you are having 3 full meals a day, how big is a typical meal?

We still make bile (a little bit from our pouches) and the rest from our un-used stomach which goes down the (unused) duodenum and jejunum and joins into our small intestine. We need bile to digest our food.

Back