• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really struggling

curlystacey

Hi had a sleeve Thurs afternoon got discharged yesterday afternoon and since then I have really struggled to sip sip sip !!!!!
Can anyone help suggest how I can drink more.

I found I was better with warm drinks than cold. Having said that my team recommended ice Lolly's and sugar free jellies as they are just water. This was a big turn around moment. Although 5 weeks post op still gave odd day I struggle with my fluids - today for example!!

Keep trying.

I agree with Lynne
I'm better with tea and coffee
Struggle with cold drinks and water
Your still early days just literally take small sips try with a straw xx

Hi. I'm 11 days post op and still finding it difficult to sip all the time as I'm always feeling full. I know I'm not drinking enough coz I'm only using the toilet 2 times a day. Keep trying. It's a struggle but I'm hoping it will get better.

Thanks guys have made myself a promise that I'm gonna try and drink more today Ive also got constipation at the moment which is not very nice.
My chest is tight and I'm coughing loads had to sleep downstairs last night so I could sleep upright.
Hoping I start feeling better soon Coz at the moment I'm just thinking wot the hell have I done !!!

Hi curlystacy, I had my sleeve on Wednesday and the fluids are difficult for me too. I'm definitely finding that straws help. I've also bought one of those big beakers that comes with a straw and holds 1 litre. By having this with me all day I know I have to finish it during the day. I also have 500ml water bottles in the fridge with squash in them. I've given myself the target of 1 bottle, the beaker and 2 cups of tea per day. Not managed them all yet but I'm getting better each day. I think getting into a routine always helps me so I'm trying to do that with my food and drinks. Keep going, you'll do it! x

Taking in enough fluids is an ongoing struggle for many of us. Tbh my fluid intake was up an down even pre-op, don't think I ever had the 2 liters daily recommended amount, it's something I never worried about then, of course now I am trying to follow the rules as much as possible because of greater risk. In the early stages you can maybe try different ways of having the liquids and different types of NAS liquids until you get the ones which work for you, milk, water, tea, coffee soup etc, hot cold. I could drink almost anything apart from plain water itself and could only take water as ice cubes - later I realised that it was because my sips were not small enough, even now, I still find it hard to drink plain water or NAS squash and I'm at 3 weeks. Keep trying, it does get better.

Hi all well I'm 8 days post op and weighed myself this morning and I've lost 13lb since my op last Thurs.
10lb on lsd so I've lost 23lb since the 10th June
Feeling good apart from I've picked up a chest infection so on antibiotic which have finally kicked in.
I know I'm still not drinking enough and I don't think I'm getting enough protein in side me does this matter when u are on the liquid stage still ?

Back