• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

really worried now x

shirley05

Hi, im due to have my op on 7th june at princess royal and was told at my pre op that I had to take a blood transfusion form to the hospital 3/4 days before and get my bloods done the nurse told me Saturday ( today) would be fine as we have double bank holiday but when I rang this morning to check what time they close I was told they wont be open till Wednesday now the day before my op after lots of passing around the hospital departments I ended up spking to surgical bed manager who said because there taking me in tue evening 2 days before my op they should be able to do my bloods then but me being me is really worrying that they wont do my op because of this......im just wondering if anyone else had to have this blood transfusion done before (as I havnt read any post about ppl having it done) and if so how many days before surgery did you get it done sorry to waffle on thanks shirl xxxxxxx

im sure its just a precaution so that they have a blood match available for u in case they need it when they do your op as they would do in any op they do
probably most hospitals dont say as they all take your bloods before you start your pre op so they would know what they needed

Back