• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Docs refused to do my bloods.....

Andrea73

:mad:AAARRRGGHHH why is my docs being so awkward. They have refused to do my blood tests that I require to get before I can get my bypass. Surgicare have phoned them several times and they are still saying no. Don't they realise that by me having a bypass then long term I will be less reliant on the NHS. Has anyone else had this problem???

I am so annoyed and now stressing that my bloods won't be done in enough time. My op is 2 weeks on Saturday.

Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

Andrea

The blood test should be carried out privately if you go private, shouldn't it? Have you asked the private clinic what happens in a case like this?

Surgicare did my bloods - are you private or NHS? If you are private then the NHS may refuse but Surgicare did mine a week prior to my Op with no problems - I would get on to them.

I am private with surgicare as I was refused with the NHS and because I live so far away from Surgicare they said that they would send through the exact blood tests that i require and that the doctors could charge them for this service. The doctors are just refusing point blank of going down this road, they don't want to set a precedent.

Thanks to all the replies though. x

Hmmm I live over 100+ from where Surgicare did my Op but I can go to other branches for check-ups etc (not that I do) - is there not a nearer Surgicare branch that you can go to just for your bloods? Ring Surgicare and ask them what to do now, given that your GP has refused as they will need to put something else in to place.

thanks tpt I'll do that. Thinh the nearest one to me is Glasgow and then I travel to Manchester for my op.

get your bloods done at your local hospital, get a letter stating what needs to be done and bypass the gp altogether, solves that in one hefty swipe

just what i was going to surgest the same thing. ask surgicare to send you the blood sheets and take them to yr local hospital.
hth
carole

Thanks all. I am going to Glasgow today to get my bloods done. an awful lot of travelling for 10 minutes to get them done. Never mind it will all come good in the end.

Thanks all. I am going to Glasgow today to get my bloods done. an awful lot of travelling for 10 minutes to get them done. Never mind it will all come good in the end.

Hi Andrea

What an obstinate bunch of idiots!...They are being bloody minded...You are still their patient and if Surgicare are paying for blood tests then who are you GP's to say no...

I think they are wrong for refusing and I think you would have a case to bring if you wanted to... but more importantly, how much support will they give you after your operation?...I hope they are a bit more helpful then.

Anyway, good luck today and hope all goes well for you.

(((hugs)))

Hi Andrea
I got my bloods done at my consultation in Manchester but then on day of op they realised the tests had passed their sell by date so they just repeated them early on the morning of my surgery. My gp did my MRSA swabs although he felt they should have been part of the package. If they still refuse contact Mr Ammori and he will advise you given the distance x

Hi All, well I travelled to Glasgow today, gave myself extra time to get there. I printed off the route planner - nothing could go wrong, could it...... Well thats what I thought, followed the directions but still didn't manage to find the place. I phoned the surgery to say I was lost and would be late but she was with patients so go an answer machine. Ended up phoning my husband at work and told him to get on the internet and work out where i was. What a nightmare. I was on the verge of tears imagining never getting my bloods done and then no op. But anyway the good news is my hubbie managed to direct me to the place, I was only 15 mins late, the doc and nurse were waiting for me so alls well that ends well. The best of it was I was only in the place for 10 mins.

Oh well lets hope there is no more drama.

lots of love.

no it was some place called the regency medical group. Couldn't understand why I went there but hey ho its done now.

Allie how long were you in hospital for. I get my op done on the Saturday and I'm sure Mr Ammori said I would be able to leave on the sunday. Is that not too soon?

i had mine on the friday left on the sunday morning but the only reason was because of distance and peace of mind for me. Give him a call or email Louisa and if it makes you feel better ask if he will keep you in for the two days. If its any help i was in no pain whatsoever and the journey back was fine just stop every hour stretch your legs and have a drink and you should be fine x

I am sorry to hear about your GP not helping with the blood tests. Silly! after all you are trying to help yourself. I hope he agrees to give you NHS prescriptions for your after care or that will cost you a fortune.

Good luck for the op.

Back