• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am worried :( (UPDATED)

BandyEmm

I had bloods done on Monday, Well they tried to and after TEN mins they had enough syrup texture blood to fill only ONE small tube, they neeeded two really.

I rang the surgery yesterday just to see if there was enoughb loods to do the tests, Blood sugars, liver function, and colesterol and another one i think,

Well dr rang me back yesterday and i have to see him tommorrow without a doubt, he said my blood sugars were 10

Colesterol was 6

and thats all they had back, He wants to do more tests on me with my heart and he was asking lots of questions regarding heart failure, stroke, heart attacks, heart disease in the family, He was rather concerning

I have to ring the surgery tommorrow at 8am

ive been feelign good, despite a bit tired and have experienced some electric shock type pains in my head and dizzy spells. I just thought this was a "one off" but kept happeneing :(

The weight is coming off, I have lost 2kg this week since my last fill last week.

Am so so worried. My mum told me to take it easy until we know whats what

Last edited:
It could be just something like a slight infection. I know it's hard not to worry but please try not to. If it was serious they would have told you to go directly to hospital xx

Hi Emm...

Your mom is a very sensible woman... You must be worried and this is only to be expected, try not too worry and get in and see your gp as soon as you can. If i were you i'd make a list of questions/thoughts you have going round in your head so that you can get all the answers. Take another adult with you so they can help remembering what the doc says as you may forget stuff... Also when you book your appt ask the receptionist to give you a double slot so you have enough time for your concerns to be dealt with...

I'm sure there's nothing for you to worry about, try and relax as you don't want your bp to go up.... I hope it's a fuss about nothing and you've lost your 2kg purely because of wise food choices and that enormous garden of yours xxx

I agree with all the advice from your Mum and Julie, worrying will only raise your BP and you dont want that! I know its not easy but theres no point worrying unless theres something to worry about :D Im sure you will be fine and even if there is a problem you are getting it sorted a.s.a.p. Chin up lovely :D x

Thanks everyone, I went to the dr today and my appt was at 9.50 i finally got seen at 11.15 talk about peeved off.
Anyway, my colesterole was 6.... looked online its ment to be 5 to 5.6 so no great deal, my blood sugars were 10 so a bit raised on a fasting. so thats basically what the dr is making a HUGE fuss about. I dont normally see that dr and i think he has a thing about fat people cos hes a bean pole :D
Ive been put back on tabs but hey ho, Im not at all feeling bad about myself cos as far as im concerned all my levels have come down to what they were. Yes i know they are still raised but Rome wasnt built in a day.

I will be in the "normal" range one day, but till them this is a HUGE improvement for me.

Iknow everyone isnt going to see it from my way as the levels are still above the average "healthy" range.

xx

I cant understand why he tried to scare the poop outta me on the phone, as if i was about to cark it :(

Good results then :D You sound dissappointed your not going to "cark it" LOL. You will be with us a while yet :D x

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D am happy not to have carked it hehehe xx

Back