• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recipe Idea

Priesty

Hi

I have a recipe for Ragu that might suit some people.
Because it is mainly Protein it's good for Bypassers.

1 Chopped onion
2/3 Cloves of garlic finely chopped or crushed
Good quality lean beef mince a 250g pack
small handful of chopped bacon
tablespoon mixed dry herbs
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbs Marsala or red wine (if you can't take alcohol just leave it out)
Worcestershire sauce 1 tbs
1 - 2 handfuls of green lentils pre soaked in water (just place in a jug cover with water to about 2" above lentils cover with clinfilm and leave overnight or for at least a couple of hours just in case you don't know )
Good quality rapeseed oil or olive oil 1 tbs
Grated cheese

Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan and add the oil. add the onion and fry for a few minutes until soft and just going golden brown.
Add the bacon and a minute later add the mince and cook until browned through. Add the garlic and stir round for a minute.
Add the tomatoes, herbs, marsala, worcestershire, lentils and some salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a rapid simmer and then turn down the heat and cover (if you don't have a lid for the pan use a plate or just some foil)

Simmer gently for 20 mins until the lentils are soft through.

Serve in bowls and sprinkle liberally with grated cheese of your choice parmasan, gruyere, cheddar or red leicester.

This is enough for me and my husband plus left overs for the kids which I reheat in the microwave. My lot have it with pasta but I try and just have the Ragu. I do my bolognese sauce the same way but no lentils and a little bit more garlic and Marsala.

Hope this is ok

Take Care

Paula

Sounds delicious, will try that.

Thanks you for sharing it with us.:)

I have started buying the tinned lentils and add them to any mince dish I do. Nobody in the family has even noticed yet and it makes the meal stretch so much further!

Hi
Sounds delicious! maybe i shouldnt have read it right now, as i am on my pre op diet, and has made me so hungry!!
Mona
xxx

Back