• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovering.......

Jos

So finally I have had my surgery. (Sat 18th Feb) I can honestly say it was not half as bad as I thought! I was lucky enough to have it done in a private hospital via the NHS but my surgeon really did a fantastic job. The surgery took about 2 hrs, I had 5 'puncture' holes & no drains or catheter! I was up walking to the loo just 3 hrs after surgery & never looked back from there, taking walks up & down the corridor 3-5 times a day. The gas is the WORST part of the surgery, & for me caused a lot of the pain I was in. I was home on the 3rd day & feeling really well. I have to keep reminding myself I have had major surgery & stop myself from doing the things I was doing before as I really do feel capable of a lot. Im not bragging here as I know a lot of people do suffer terribly from this kind of surgery but I want to share a so far what seems to be a great success & put some positive thoughts in to anyone thats on the verge of having it done. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. I've been extremely lucky & if I can help at least 1 other person feel at 'ease' about this life changing surgery it will be more then worth the results I will get for myself!

Congrats on the op,and speedy recovery.

yay congrats jos :) did u have a bypass? xxx

Yes I had a bypass which is supposed to have the most complications, so I feel extremely lucky to be recovering so well! xx

Yes I had a bypass which is supposed to have the most complications, so I feel extremely lucky to be recovering so well! xx
thats great :) hope it stays that way, good luck :) xxx

Woo hoo welcome to the losers bench :) I had a sleeve just over 6 weeks ago and the wind pain was the worst bit for me too. Take it easy and rest up :) x

What a positive post! Its lovely to see someone doing so well - I can't wait to get a date for my op now. Thanks hun x

:)Thanks for posting such a positive post, I am thrilled that so far so good for you and the surgery and aftercare went so so well. Here you go now on your weight loss journey gone forever this time.

Good luck and good health to you :D

thats great news, keep healing well xxx

Wooo hooo well done Josy .. :D

Nicky x

Back