• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update & New Date !!

purplefluffything

Morning everyone ,
First of all for those that may remember I have been fairly unwell due to my intrathecal pain pump comming to the end of it's life so this made me have lots of extra pain & finally I was admitted into hospital for 3 weeks due to sever pain & withdrawral due to pump finally giving up!(pump is inside my tummy) I went into hospital last month sept 14th for a replacement pump. 2 hours into the surgery unfortunatly they came across a problem & had to stop.
I was closed up brought around spent the night recovering then went home distraught knowing I now was facing surgery again but also one a lot longer, as part of the problem was the catherter part of the pump was blocked so they need to put a new one in take the old one out this can take 2 to 3 hrs alone then they have the pump part to do .
When doing the catheter this can cause a spinal headache due to the catheter being inserted into intrathcal space causing a leak of CBS fluid from around the brain & spine (painful & you have to lay
flat until it heals) I have this operation this Thursday the 7th please wish me
better luck this time.
I have been trying to keep myself together through this terrible pain I'm experiencing since iv had no
pain pump to help.

Now some really good news, Lorna the secretary
from the Whittington needed to know when my operation for pump surgery was so she could work around it for my wls appointments.
I was incontact was her this morning & she arranged my date for 25th of October to see Mr Sufi ( two weeks
after op) so I best recover good & quick :)
Lorna was a diamond to get it done so quickly .
This appt is to arrange
Pre op test etc for wls , I can't wait.
Only thing worry me is my weight loss as
been so up & down since iv been Ill. I have lost weight but not as much as I would have
liked too.
I was put on high calorie drinks in hospital due to the lack of eating.
Thank you for reading my news xxx
Hugs xxx

thats fantastic news, i wish you well sweet pea, and a smooth op ahead of you xxx

So pleased for you and sending love and huge hug xxx

Good luck hun, hope everything goes well and smoothly for you xx

Good luck on both scores, may you be pain free and have a very speedy recovery xx

Crikey you are going through the mill. Well done for being such a brave girly. Wishing you all the luck in the world for your operation and heres hoping you get a great result from the WLS hopsital. xxxxx

Thank you Kelly1, Bev, Emm28, Julie, Zns and Mary for your wonderful warm well wishes.
Mary, without feeling sorry for myself I feel I have had a pretty rough ride this past year! :cry:
One thing I'm not is brave:D I'm one shivering wreck at the site of injections, I think this is due to my crappy veins no one can ever get blood from me or put a canula in without trying everywhere they possibly can ..
Again ladies thank you all for your lovely support, I feel like iv had a massive hug from you all.:grouphugg:
Take care.
Hugs xxx

Good luck with your op on 7th & your appointment on 25th. You certainly are a lot braver than me ;)

Take care

Loads of love and hugs and all the very best over the next few days... keep positive and strong... we are with you... xxx

good luck for thursday huni, and i hope all goes well this time. i bet you cant wait to be relatively pain free can you? will be thinking of you, big hugsxxxxx

Bev, thank you for keeping me so positive with such strong vibes that come from ur lovely message to me :) xx
Dawny, flower I can't wait to have good pain telif again, iv been living from my bed to recliner then recliner to bed again sometimes I don't even want ho get up.
I'm more excited about the Whittington wls appt two weeks after this op though ;)
Thank you my lovely friends for all ur thoughts & wishes x
Hugs xx

Oh Diana you poor thing what a nightmare! Trust me your VERY brave! It takes alot of guts to stay strong and positive after what you've been and are going through. Will be thinking of you on thursday(please let us know how you get on). On the positive side of things how exciting about your WLS appointment! You could be on the beach at Herne Bay in your bikini sooner than you think! xxx

Diana you are one very brave lady not to mention strong too. To go through what you have and still manage to sound positive in amongst it is amazing. I really wish you all the best hun and i hope everything goes well for you with the forthcoming op. Sending you huge hugs x

Hi Lisa J and allie , you have both made me very
Warm inside you both have come across so very caring! Just what this site is for, to give others help, love and support just when needed..!
Lisa, yes very exciting about my future wls appt, I think this is keeping me going because inside I'm very nervous and scared about this pain pump surgery :(
Well girls just as Lisa j said i could be very soon soaking up the sun on herne bay beach ( parents have had static caravans there for as long as I can remember, I also lived there 4 yrs.)
Come on Thursday get this operation over & done with and I then can focus on my wls YES!!!!!
Hugs to all xxx

Back