• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Referred to Salford Royal via Countess of Chester?

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been referred to Salford General as Chester have stopped doing WLS.
I just wondered if anyone else has been through this process? I've been passed for surgery via Chester MDT but when I called Salford they said they'd apply for funding if their team feel im "still on track for surgery" and itll be a few weeks until I get an appointment. I'm starting to panic. It's been a long haul already and ive put on weight since I last saw the Chester team in October, scared they won't give me the go ahead :( xx

Hi and welcome! That sounds frustrating for you. Can you get yourself back on track and see if you can lose some of the lbs that you have put on? Either way you will need to show continued commitment to losing weight - someone posted on another forum that their apts were delayed because they put weight on over Christmas and they were set another weight loss target before they would be referred again. I know that it is easier said that done!

Maybe if you can show that you have kept momentum going it will help them to fast track you through their system. It doesn't seem fair that you have to go to the back of the queue again!

Can you contact the bariatric team to find out more information?

Hi, thanks for your response.
Salford said I'd get a letter in the next few weeks so ill hold on til then and see what it says. I'm just not sure how it works if I'm being sent from another NHS trust. I presumed the assessments were all done and dusted and Chester would just pay Salford for the surgery?
I've bought protein shakes to get me back on track, hopefully it'll do the trick. I feel like I'm in limbo and it's not helping me x

I would put your efforts into losing as much as you can before your Salford apt that way you have something positive to show them, you give yourself the best chance of being fast tracked (if that is possible), plus you will have lost weight - so it is a win win situation!

Back