• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep and reflux

p_relf

Hi all,

Just need some advice. I have 10mls in a 14 mls large lapband. My sleep hasn't been great since my last band fill on the 28th June. I'm waking up coughing and feel like I have reflux and acid in my throat. I am also waking myself with my band gargling. I have taken omeprazole before bed, but this isn't helping.

Any of you had this problem with a band?

Thanks, Paul :)

I have had acid reflux for 12 years!!

I take 30mg Lansoprazole every morning, otherwise I'm in agony by afternoon / evening

Hope this is of some help.

John :)

I have had acid reflux for 12 years!!

I take 30mg Lansoprazole every morning, otherwise I'm in agony by afternoon / evening

Hope this is of some help.

John :)

Thanks John, only seems to be at night which is bizarre. How long have you had your band? All going well? :)

Thanks John, only seems to be at night which is bizarre. How long have you had your band? All going well? :)

Sorry, I should have been clearer!

I am new on here, Got a consultation in 2 weeks and hopefully be banded 2 weeks after that! :)

I was hoping that when I'm banded the reflux would stop, but those tablets i mentioned are pretty awesome.

All the best mate!

John

Sorry, I should have been clearer!

I am new on here, Got a consultation in 2 weeks and hopefully be banded 2 weeks after that! :)

I was hoping that when I'm banded the reflux would stop, but those tablets i mentioned are pretty awesome.

All the best mate!

John

No problems at all my reflux totally stopped when I had my band about 11 months ago, but I'm not sure if this is different. Good luck with ur op etc, I've lost over 4.5 st and feeling good. Still happy with it. It's not a quick fix and I do miss some things still but it's part of me now. :)

No problems at all my reflux totally stopped when I had my band about 11 months ago, but I'm not sure if this is different. Good luck with ur op etc, I've lost over 4.5 st and feeling good. Still happy with it. It's not a quick fix and I do miss some things still but it's part of me now. :)

*WOW* - Well done you! That's brilliant, you have done so well!

You must be absolutely delighted with your loss, keep it up!

I hope I can report back with such good progress in 11 months time! :)

could it be that the band is slightly too tight? When I went for my last fill there was a lady seriously suffering with this, to the point she had vomiting in addition to reflux if she led down, she had an amount taken out to build back up to a level where it wasn't happening.

Worth talking to your provider to see what they suggest

you need to speak to your porovider hun this is a warning sign your band may be a little too tight and it wont correct itself the worse you feel the more your band is affected, make sure you have raised your bed end so it higher at head end, I had this problem very badly , my band is now empty and im having revision work done soon, this should be sorted asap

Thanks all for your support! Another really bad nights sleep so off to have a defill tomorrow! Hopefully that will cure it :) Paul

Well I had 1ml removed today and fingers crossed for a good nights sleep. Still have 9mls in my 14ml band :)

It's amazing how after taking 1 ml out I've slept all night and no reflux :) feeling a lot better! Also she has taken enough out so I can fly long haul in August, save me going back up again :)

Back