• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reflux/Indigestion after bypass??

Porpo

Hi,

just wondered if any of the post op'ers can give me some advice. I get bad indigestion from lots of things and have been diagnosed with reflux. I have tablets on prescription which I have to take each day. Most of the time dont need them but having a bad time the last couple of days.

Does any one know whether this is made worse by bypass?? Didnt think to ask at my consultation.

Porpo

Thanks for that have been feeling really bad this last couple of days and then my husband asked me if I could still take my tablets and have fizzy drinks (which help) after the op and I had a proper panic.

teen

post op loser
I suffered for a few years with acid reflux and took nothing for it A month before my op I was prescribed with fast tab I take one aday and have not had any reflux what so ever

Snowcrystal

Hi,

just wondered if any of the post op'ers can give me some advice. I get bad indigestion from lots of things and have been diagnosed with reflux. I have tablets on prescription which I have to take each day. Most of the time dont need them but having a bad time the last couple of days.

Does any one know whether this is made worse by bypass?? Didnt think to ask at my consultation.

Hi porpo

I take Omeprazol and they are really good...I am prone to reflux and also have gastitis which is similar.

I have read about chances of reflux increases after the operation but this is so well controlled with drugs...I would not worry about the tablets too much as I am sure they have liquid forms...(I hope they do...lol)

From what I can gather here in mini's, peoples reflux improves greatly after the op anyway...that has to be down to the diet thereafter.

All the best.

(((hugs)))

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser