• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rejected from financing

Summer1992

Hello,

I don't think I'll be able to get WLS on the NHS and with the wait some people have had to go through, I'm scared that I'll just get bigger and bigger. In fact I'm still waiting to hear from my doctor!

I thought I'd go the private route, but I've been rejected from the finance company, so I guess I'll just have to see my GP again or start saving seriously. I feel so dejected but I'm just trying to think positively.

I know no-one is probably reading but I just felt like I had to say it out loud and tell someone.

don't ever give up hope sweetheart..... go see your gp and get yourself a referral ...yes its a long wait and yes its a long process BUT imho the wait is so worth it..... you go thru a series of sessions all aimed at preparing you for life post op.....

Chin up chick.....make lots of positive steps and don't fall back down that black hole to come out heavier :)

sending a big cyber hug your way x x x

Oh I'm sorry to hear you feel so down. Don't give up. It may be a longer process but you will get there. X

We are reading there are many people here that offer fab support, I'm in the route just I get down sometimes but thinking back to how fast the last years gone by and I think that maybe it won't be so bad x

I agree with crystal the wait at times feels like forever and you sometimes feel like they have forgotten you but these things just take time it's the nature of the (NHS) beast see the time as time to mentally and emotionally prepare yourself for the new life you long for
I wish you luck in everything

Awww! Thank you everyone for your kind words! The problem is I'm from the UK but live in 2 different countries so it's not always easy coming home to see the doctor. But like many have you said, I'm just gonna keep at it. I'll see what my dr can do and I'm going to keep saving money just in case.

Thank you for helping me :)

Hello Birdie!

Things are looking up, I've been saving money to get a mini gastric band abroad. So I've booked to get it done in December. I'm nervous and excited :) I hope your journey is going smoothly!

glad to see you haven't given up !all the very best

Back