• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Restriction??

mandymoo

Hi all was just wondering what restriction feels like, just over 2 months post op with I fill 6 in the band & I have noticed today I can eat more. Have eaten today 1 small bowl of rice crispies, a normal bowl of bacon & mushroom pasta :( a small bit of chicken curry with mushrooms & chilli chicken again not huge portion but reasonable :(
Ummm what's going on????
Thank xx

mandymoo said:
Hi all was just wondering what restriction feels like, just over 2 months post op with I fill 6 in the band & I have noticed today I can eat more. Have eaten today 1 small bowl of rice crispies, a normal bowl of bacon & mushroom pasta :( a small bit of chicken curry with mushrooms & chilli chicken again not huge portion but reasonable :(
Ummm what's going on????
Thank xx

I'm having the same thought! I don't really feel that full but I feel it getting stuck a little ! That's the only major difference I have felt! I am 3 months in after a band and had 2 fills! My first fill was a waste of time did not really make any difference, but I def feel the 2nd and the 3rd is meant to be the best one!! So I'm told x

Hi Mandy

For me I feel restriction on my left , just under my boob as a tightening. I then know I have eaten enough and its time to stop.

In my opinion what you are eating is very carb heavy, especially the breakfast and lunch. Carbs like these quickly turn to sugar which then turns to fat. They dont 'keep' you full either.

If you want to stay fuller for longer until your next fill, think protein first, then veg and finally if you need to some low GI carbs :D

xxx

Chelsea said:
I'm having the same thought! I don't really feel that full but I feel it getting stuck a little ! That's the only major difference I have felt! I am 3 months in after a band and had 2 fills! My first fill was a waste of time did not really make any difference, but I def feel the 2nd and the 3rd is meant to be the best one!! So I'm told x

Roll on my 2nd fill - think I will need to book this in xx

Mazza said:
Hi Mandy

For me I feel restriction on my left , just under my boob as a tightening. I then know I have eaten enough and its time to stop.

In my opinion what you are eating is very carb heavy, especially the breakfast and lunch. Carbs like these quickly turn to sugar which then turns to fat. They dont 'keep' you full either.

If you want to stay fuller for longer until your next fill, think protein first, then veg and finally if you need to some low GI carbs :D

xxx

Thanks Mazza will have to try to eat more protein first was but the dietician told me off as wasn't really eating my carbs but can defo eat more if eating carbs :( xx

What size is your band and wot capacity is it filled too???? I agree with maz ur diet from wot u have sed is very carb heavy.......My dietician told me when eating a meal eat protein first, followed by veg,then carbs......

have a read of this...very interesting...

://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

://drsimpson.net/fills/Lap-band-eating/lap-band-not-restriction/lap-band-and-restriction.html

Its some what confusing lol, says the band doesn't restrict what your eating and you can always eat,eat & eat .........I am definitely restricted with my band and I cant eat for England ( not that I have tried mind)

If that is correct, then I'm stuffed. The whole reason Iam so fat is because I eat when I'm not hungry.
(sorry, Iam very angry today!).

BlueDiamond said:
What size is your band and wot capacity is it filled too???? I agree with maz ur diet from wot u have sed is very carb heavy.......My dietician told me when eating a meal eat protein first, followed by veg,then carbs......

I have a 10 band with 6 in it. I tended to have mainly protein with veg or salad but dietician told me off lol said I needed to put more carbs in. Maybe it's time for another fill :)
Xx

jayniemac said:

Very interesting - strange isn't it how different providers tell u different things, for example the eating & drinking at the same time. I was told to stop 10 mins before & to wait 1/2 hour after x

I wouldnt say i have restriction at the moment (well im not too sure) but the last few days, if i eat quite a lot of food, i get shoulder pain.
Last night i had 1 sausage and 4 tablespoons of potato duphonaise for my dinner about 75% of the way through i felt a tingling ache in my shoulder so i stopped and all was ok, but head hunger took over and i followed it up with some strawberries & cream and got quite bad shoulder aching for 30 minutes.

Hi
I had my first fill on Wednesday and have 5.5ml in. A, on solids now and don't feel any restriction at all! Also i am very hungry all the time, i think i must need another fill, does anyone know if it takes a while for restriction to kick in?

Loooy72 said:
Hi
I had my first fill on Wednesday and have 5.5ml in. A, on solids now and don't feel any restriction at all! Also i am very hungry all the time, i think i must need another fill, does anyone know if it takes a while for restriction to kick in?

They tend to say it takes a few to get there c

Tamgredan said:
I wouldnt say i have restriction at the moment (well im not too sure) but the last few days, if i eat quite a lot of food, i get shoulder pain.
Last night i had 1 sausage and 4 tablespoons of potato duphonaise for my dinner about 75% of the way through i felt a tingling ache in my shoulder so i stopped and all was ok, but head hunger took over and i followed it up with some strawberries & cream and got quite bad shoulder aching for 30 minutes.

Think I need to stop & listen to my body, not noticed anything yet apart from when I eat something that's not right I then get a sharp pain in my chest like it's gone down the wrong way x

I started on solids on Thursday and have had chicken up to now. I do chew but I don't think as much as I should but it goes down fine. I thought it would struggle to go down. Is this only because I have not had a filll yet? x

Back