• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revison surgery for gastric bypass funding on nhs

sarahjaneward

Hi there i wonder if anyone cud help i have multiple sclerosis and originally had gastric bypass in jan 2009 i lost 9 stone nd had an amazing quality of life! I did everyrhing by the book and maintaimed my weight until early 2015 when my mum was rediagbosed with cancer this time they cannot cure her and we have had some rough times iv unfortunately slipped back into old habits and put on aound 5 stone im totally gutted and took a while to realise wot i had done to myself im a complete failure however every waking moment of the day is spent focusing on my poor mum im not making excuses i just have not focused on myself in so long i didnt even notice wot had happend to me!
Iv noticed over last 6 months my MS getting so so bad again and thought is was the disease progressing but iv realised the problem is because of the extra weight im carrying!
I find it hard getting out of chairs and bed and walking is hard im constantly breaking out into a sweat im 45 yrs old and now weigh 16 stone my doc was mr mannur at homerton hospital in east london so iv just got reffered back to him but im just wondering where the nhs stand on funding with exceptional circumstances for revision surgury as i got the funding for the original op any one with any info please help x

Can only offer a cyber hug and support I wish you all the luck in the world

Hi so sorry to hear of your situation, hope it gets better and less pain for both of you. I don't know much about the funding aspect but we were warned in a group session at the Whittington that there is no NHS funding for revision but I am sure there are exceptions. I wish you all the best.

Back