• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

After 3 long years got the funding for surgery

mummy2309

Hi everyone, im emma im 32 from stockport, i have been on the road for funding a long long 3 years got turned down for funding and surgery about 2 years ago have done the weight loss management course twice and have had counciling for eatting disorder and have finally got the ok for funding and surgery im going to the spire private hospital in manchester for the surgery im due to meet the consultant in 4 weeks cant wait to start the next part of my life, i know its going to be very hard but im ready, i have alot to live for, as im a mummy to 2 beautiful children and step mum to 2 more, i have a hubby that has been me and loved me every size i have been from a size 16 to a 32 which i am now, i have been very ill from weight related illnesses from having a stroke to very bad depression, im bipolar, have a tyroid problem, and many more, would love to make new friends who are in the same boat as me
emmaxx:wave_cry:

Welcome Emma :) These weight loss surgery journeys can be long ones via the NHS funding route can't they? :/ We are made to jump through so many hoops. Anyway, it sounds as though you are on the final stages for getting the surgery which must be pleasing for you. Good luck with it all :) x x

How exciting! I hope the next part of the journey is quick for you x

hi everyone and thanks for the replys, i was made to do the course twice due to not meeting the 10% weight loss that they want, so did it again and only reached 7% weight loss, but had my consultants for my bipolar, and sleep apnea to write letter for me saying that they think it would be great if i had the surgery as it would help with my sleep apnea and my depression, its been a very long road i have jumped when they said jump and asked how high lol, but im nearly there good luck with all your weight loss and i hope you get the funding too

Hi Emma, I would of been waiting three yrs in feb but got an op date for 2nd Jan 2013. Hope you get an op date soon hun :)

good luck for your op, im sure all will go well x

hi Emma hope it goes ok for you i was also turned down 3 times but had DS Nov 2011 and am now at goal :) :) i was under spire murrayfield Gravitas(only one around here do DS) they have since fallen out with my provider hospital Blackpool but if you are under them at all they were fantastic xx Well done for never giving up :)

thank you, its been a hard 3 year plus, but i had to keep going as i want to be around for my kids xx

that's exactly what got me through and i had problems same as you with depression really deep seated :( sleep apnoea, diabetes, high cholesterol,(the doctor told me one day angela you just won't wake up) i have rheumatoid arthiritis and fybromyalgia as well so once i had the confirmation of funding after crying like a big baby all i could think was i'm going to live to see my beautiful children and grandchildren grow up and my poor hubby will have to put up with me a lot longer :)

thats how i felt when they phone me 2 weeks ago and said i got the funding i was crying my mum was thinking something was really wrong or i had won the lottery but its better than any money i will get my life back, just being able to run around with the kids and do normal things with them

i look forward to reading all about it :) it will remind me of what i have been through and where i've now got to xx

thanks i hope i dont have to wait too long now, the letter says 4-6 weeks to see the consultant at the spire private hospital so not that long to get the ball rolling x

well i saw them in sept 11 and had op in nov but because i had to do post op diet to show i could cope with DS afterwards but if i was having bypass or sleeve etc they could've given date there and then xx so hopefully they will do that for you :)

im hoping so too

Hello Mummy2309. and thank you for posting. I am so sorry to hear of your serious health problems.

Here's hoping it will be plain sailing from now on!

thank you hun

Back