• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

rice or stress

serenitylove

iv just had a proper bad ouchy and im gona hurl moment! but im not sure why i dont have restriction yet so unless i eat something big n hard without chewing im fine yet tonight 3 small teaspoons of rice had same effect is it rice or could it be because iv had a hectic day and bit stressed anyone any ideas

I know I have had bypass and not the band, but rice is one of the things that fills me up in about one spoonful, anymore and then boy does it hurt!
It could possibly be stress but I would put money on it been the rice!

I too would agree that it is the rice. More than likely.

I've had the bypass, and funnily enough, i handle rice much better than i handle pasta.

I'm sure the stress didn't help.

I'm normally ok with rice, though i suffer with some other foods, could be your just having a bad day with it all, some days i can hardly eat anything without chucking up, and others i can literally pig out ! - keep trying and experimenting :D

most banders cant eat rice as it gathers in the band hole and swells, it similar to putting rice in a sink plug hole it will block it.

Sounds like the rice, now I have had my fill, my surgeon has said NO RICE, NO PASTA and NO BREAD...oh and red meat...so it looks like you have found the culprit...

Drink some warm fluid slowly and it should ease it through...

I find if I have that feeling, I make a warm cuppa and sip it real slow, I mean baby sips, eventually it helps it slide through.

How much do you have in your band?

I have to say with the bypass if you feel full and then sip some water it wants to come back up, its strange how it does it just kind of worms its way up....lol....god I need to get out more...xx

There are some days when I can eat rice without any problems and there are other days when I throw it back up again.
My consultant said you can eat it, just in moderation and your body will certainly tell you if it wants it or not!!! Lol

I think thats the secret really if your body wants it not your head...I cant believe the amount of food I have gone off since the operation...when you eat even small amounts your head says yes I want this but your body is saying Nooooooo take it away, its like they have inplanted a little man in my tum saying enough is enough lol...xx

Hi i get this feeling with rice, pasta and bread. think it is because it expands in your stomach so although you may not overeat at the time when it swells boy it hurts. i have perservered with rice and can now manage a tiny bit same with bread. pasta is still a no no!!! good luck hun xx

Back